Chapter 2

It was about 1am before Jade got back. I only knew this because of the slam of the door closing and drunken giggles.

I sighed. Well I'm up anyways, might as well go make sure she's ok.

I slipped on my robe and walked out to hear the noise coming from the kitchen. I flipped on the lights to see a half-naked Jade on top of Damiar.

Right in front of my salad? Omfg shut up Roan. "Ok 1. It's too late for this bs. 2. Jade if you're gonna be freaky, do it in the privacy of your bedroom not our kitchen.

3. Damiar you need to leave because Jade is not in her right mind at the moment." They both just stared at me.

Damiar was clearly sober underneath Jade's drunken giggles. "Come on Jade, lets get you up".

I said not taking my eyes off of Damiar. He just kept staring at me with this blank look. As I reached down to grab Jades arm, Damiar put his arm in front, blocking me.

"What the h-hell dude. Get out of my apartment." He just kept looking at me straight in the eye. He started to move his hand and I sighed in relief.

Too soon. Not taking his eyes off of me, he quickly grabbed her head and twisted it at a lightning speed, making a sickly crack.

Jades beautiful blue eyes suddenly were rendered lifeless and I sat there with my mouth open tears steaming down my face in shock.

I wanted to scream but no sound came out. Damiar looked at me with his same blank stare as he stood up. I couldn't take my eyes off of Jade.

The one person who took real time to understand me, and even try in her own way to make me happy is gone. And I feel like it's my fault.

I felt a hand grab my upper arm yanking me up and snapping me out of my daze. I looked up at him. "HEL-." His hand slapped over my mouth quickly.

It inched up to my nose and squeezed it, fully cutting off my oxygen. My eyes got wide as I struggled for breath. My lungs were screaming and every cell of my body was clawing at my throat, desperately trying to get air.

I thrashed wildly in his arms trying to get him to let go. "If you want to breathe, stay still." I almost didn't hear him over my body screaming at me.

I slowly stopped thrashing my body and just focused on my hands pulling at his. "If I let you breath, you can't scream, or we'll just do this again".

I nodded quickly starting to see multicolored dots fill my vision. Right before the dots took my entire sight, I inhaled a huge gulp of air, coughing wildly as I breathed in and out heavily for a solid 30 seconds.

When I finally had sufficient oxygen, I looked back at him and saw his face. It was a stolid, rock hard face that radiated violence and fear.

"Let's go. I suggest you not put up a fight." I was too stunned to move. My whole body froze at the deep tone he was speaking in.

He rolled his eyes and threw me over his shoulder. My arms weren't listening, my legs doing the same. I just fell limp as he walked out of my apartment and downstairs to his.

When we got inside, he closed the door and locked it using some sort of finger sensor. He must have installed that after I left.

He threw me down on the couch and I immediately crawled away from him and looked around wildly for an escape. "Baby, there's nothing here. You're not leaving. I don't want to hurt you."

I wasn't listening. I backed myself against the wall and looked at him and then the door. Worth a shot. I charged for the door expecting him to run after me.

I reached the door and tried the touch sensor thing. It turned red. I tried over and over and over again hoping for a different result, but nothing.

I finally gave up and started screaming and pounding on the door. That's when he rushed over to me and grabbed me by my waist and mouth.

He dragged me, kicking wildly, into the bedroom across from his. There were weapons everywhere, from every shelf and wall.

He threw me on the ground and then turned his back to grab something. He turned back around and it ended up being a gag and handcuffs.

In a different situation, this would have been the night of my life, but instead the objects were held by the psychopath that killed my roommate.

I screamed again and he tackled me to the floor my back facing him. He forced the gag into my mouth letting nothing more than a hum escape.

Then he let me go and my hands flew to my mouth. I tried pulling it but it wouldn't budge, and just ended up hurting my mouth.

I reached for the back of my head to find a lock there keeping it tightly in place. "You're going to have to earn your speaking privileges back. For now you will be silent."

Fresh tears streamed down my face as muffled sobs escaped my mouth. He grabbed my arm taking me to his bedroom. My eyes got wide at the thoughts of what he would do. "

Relax, I'd never assault you like that. Come on now I've got standards." Humor? Are you k I d d I n g me??

We reached his bedroom and he opened the door to reveal a cozy looking room with the lights dimmed. A huge king bed sat in the middle making the centerpiece of the area.

He led me there and picked me up to lay me down on the bed. I had no fight left. I was only consumed with fear as he handcuffed my hands to the bed.

"Just in case, baby. I know you'd never leave me. Let's go to bed, yeah?" I didn't move a thing as he switched off the lamp and wrapped a cold arm around me.

"Goodnight baby."

• • • • •

Another day another chapter. Gn <3