Chapter 21

The dreams seemed endless and I felt like every time my body was ready to wale back up, something pulled me right back down and into the dark hole filled with weird imaginations and scenarios.

When I finally woke up, it felt like I was on a cloud. My first thought was how hungry I was and how dizzy not having food was making me.  The room smelled familiar and it came to me all too soon that it was Damiar.

I opened my eyes to see him sleeping next to me, snoring softly. His mouth was slightly open allowing a small bit of drool to escape on the pillow. Ew.

My head was really floaty and cloud-like, but I got up anyways. The minute I stood up, the blood left my head really fast and I was face down on the ground groaning in pain.

Damiar was at my side in a second and helped me back up as my body totally started to betray me. "Baby, are you okay? You should've woken me up first, it's too dangerous for you right now. Your wounds healed nicely, but the drugs may not be totally out of your system." 

His words had little effect on me since it felt like it was stuffed with cotton. My mouth was dry and my limbs still felt fuzzy.

Damiar picked me back up and placed me on the bed. "Give it about an hour and you should be good to go. Just stay here while I grab some food and water." 

I nodded and knew I would stay true to my word. The soft bed felt good underneath me. It had started to get a little chilly when he first took me here and it was much colder now.

I slid under the covers and took a deep breath. I wanted to check on Ethan and look at my scars. I wanted to see if maybe it was just my imagination.

Maybe it was all just a bad dream. And if my punishment for a small outburst was as intense as it was, I honestly wanted to make sure Ethan was alive.

I wiped the tears from my eyes once I realized they were falling, and turned on the tv to see The Office playing. I tried to clear my thoughts by watching the nonsense show but tiny anxieties kept popping up every minute or so.

Damiar came back about 15 minutes later with food. And lots of it. He set the tray on my lap and gave a small kiss to the top of my head.

I grimaced but tried to keep calm as I look down at all the food in front of me. There were pancakes and eggs and a whole bunch of fruit with some iced tea to drink. You know, a pro to having your abductor know everything you like, is getting everything you like.

I looked up at him almost asking for permission to eat it by myself. He nodded and handed me a fork which I took with a beaming smile. He was right: even in just 15 or so minutes I was already feeling more able to move and it was a relief when it took no effort or pain at all to put food in my mouth.

I ate everything on the tray and asked for more tea twice before I was completely finished. I felt like a god.  My energy level was at 20000% and I had to do something.

"Damiar can we go do something?" I asked once I handed him my tray. "Oh, and thank you for breakfast! It was great!"  That definitely would increase my chances.

"I don't know, we'll see. I'll have to talk to Eric and see about Ethan."  My eyes lit up at that. "I know you want to see him baby, but you're not even dressed yet. And he might not be ready either.

So let me go check while you shower and dress, and then I'll come back to tell you everything."  I guess that was fair for the time being. I got out of bed and practically jogged into the bathroom.

I closed and locked the door quickly before stripping off my clothes really fast. I didn't have my contacts in, so I had to come really close to the mirror, but from what I could see the scars were healing really well.