Chapter 8

He leaned over the grey polished countertop and looked at me with a serious expression. My bare feet suddenly got very cold with the dark wood underneath it.

He gestured towards the high top counter and I hesitantly started walking over there. The stools were pretty high so I had to awkwardly jump and wiggle my way on one and then I looked down at my lap.

He sighed breaking the awkward silence. "I know you have questions Ro, and I intend on trying to answer them to the best of my abilities." Ro? Seriously? "U-um.."

I was confused. I had so many questions but nothing would pop up. It was like now that I had the freedom to ask, my questions seemed to leave my tongue leaving me grasping for anything to try and not look stupid.

"Why'd you take me?"  He fiddled with his hands. They were pale, and hugely calloused but looked strong and menacing.

"You're intelligent, I like that in a person. I had seen you in your classes, and you looked really young. You already have your psychology minor, and now you're pursuing a biochemistry degree at 18? That's insane."

He ran his hand through his hair making it fluff up on one side. "I'm different than most people. I work differently. I need someone by my side who can understand me. Understand my mind."

"Damiar, I'm not a doctor, I can't hel-." "Baby don't start with me. My reasons don't have to make sense to you, but they're my reasons and I always know best." 

I was a bit taken aback by his remark and looked back down at my hands. "Ok baby, next question."  I took a deep breath, reminding myself that I was okay and that I could get through this.

Even blurry without my contacts, his eyes still seemed to look right through me. "What's your real job, and why did you work at the Starbucks for literally one day?"

He smirked a little. "Well, I work for an international company called 'Bohrs' International'. Basically we work with governments all over the world and kill, or get information from anyone they need.  In return we get paid like you couldn't imagine." 

He ended with a chuckle. I looked around at the beautiful house. It made my stomach clench at the thought of death being the only reason he could afford this house.

I've always been a quiet girl always caught up in my head. I'm a thinker; I like to keep things straight organized and well thought out. 

Jade liked to blame it on the fact that I was a Virgo. Death was the only thing that made my brain fully shut down. I couldn't fathom how a person's mind, personality and life could just be whisked away in an instant.

Religion was always hard because it offered an explanation for after death, but nothing with good logic. To know that the man in front of me played God on a daily basis was undeniably terrifying.

I dug my finger into my palm to try and call myself down. "Do you think it's okay to just kill people? Do you have that little concern for life?" 

His head fell forward and then came back up with a little smirk. "Oh baby, you're adorable. So innocent and narrow-minded. I couldn't give a lesser shit about other people. Life is hard and miserable. If you're asking me I'm doing them a favor."

He took a sip water. "Plus Ro, you have to understand most of these guys are really bad people."  I was getting a bit heated.

"So all of those people from the restaurant were bad?" He looked up at me angrily. "Those deaths were your fault! You're the one who kicked out the taillights. You're the one who made us stop and change cars."

"Are you kidding me??! You're the one who kidnapped me and stuck me in your trunk. What was I supposed to do, Just let it all happen to me? Fuck no!! I don't want to be here. I don't want to be with you! It's not fair to expect me to help you either! If you have so much money, then just go hire a doctor. Someone who can really help you!"

I finished my rant panting a little. It was quiet before Damiar sat up from the counter. He started to walk around the bar.

I was seated closest to the edge and I didn't have enough time to run after I jumped off. I squeaked as he stood in front of me.

He wasn't very tall, only about 5'11, but still much taller than my 5'3 frame. I backed up against the bar stool wanting nothing more than to disappear. He leaned beside my ear making me want to vomit.

"Because Baby, could I do this to my doctor?"  He turned his head to give me a kiss but I moved my head as far away as I could.

"D-Damiar I don't like you. Like, genuinely at all."  He seemed to get angrier and angrier as his eyes looked much darker than their usual bright blue/green.

He came even closer to me, making it so I couldn't back up anymore and I felt his hand on my chestier slowly trailed upwards leaving a light tickling sensation in its trail.

It then lightly wrapped around my neck making me gasp. He really does know everything about me.

"We'll see about that princess."  His breath was warm and smelled like tea and spearmint. My heart fluttered a little bit and I've never wanted to stab myself more in my life.

This wasn't fair, he was targeting my sexual weaknesses: the only things I couldn't control. His warm hand left my neck and he smiled. I'm sure he could feel my heart racing and put 2 and 2 together.

"Let's go check out our room, shall we?" He turned and started walking past me to a little doorway. I finally snapped out of it and followed him closely, not wanting to get lost.

The doorway led to a huge second lobby area which held a huge staircase. He didn't seem fazed by the gorgeous area and co tinier to walk towards the staircase and then started going up.

The house didn't have much carpet so each step we took echoed throughout the whole house making me very aware of how hard I was stepping.

We made it to the top and saw a small loft area to our left and a huge hallway with doors every 10 yards or so. There was only one door to the left by the loft and that was where he was headed.

He opened the door to reveal a massive master bedroom adorned with blue and gray fixtures all over the room.

There was an open walk-in closet that was definitely built for 2 and a door on the opposite side that was probably the connecting bathroom.

"You like?" He said looking at me with so much hope. I smiled blushing, because I still was not over what he did like.... 3 seconds ago.

He walked over to me in a calm, non-threatening way. "See baby, all I want to do is give you the world. If you love and trust me, we could have the life of your dreams."

I definitely was not a blushing mess anymore. I turned to look at him in the eye with the most serious expression I could make.

"Fat chance asshole."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A.N. Hope everyone's school year has started off well. Remember to let your shoulders relax, and drink some water. Hope you enjoyed! xx