Chapter 33

Hey guys, tell me how you found my book! I'd love to know :)).         ——>

Damiar's POV

The past few days have been excruciating.  After Caleb took Ro, I passed out for about 8 hours, or so I was told.  I was taken to the hospital and they retrieved the bullet and I was basically fine after that.  That was 2 days ago.  I have the entire company on high alert looking for the asshole who took my baby.  We were so close.

She had just finally reached the brink of realization and cooperation.  She was learning to love me, slowly but surely.  So close to our happy ending.  "Yeah your happy ending before or after you tear into her flesh over and over and over and ov-" Speaking of Ro... I reached up with my good arm and grabbed my medication, hearing the voices slowly fade away as the water rushed down my throat.  The pang of loneliness and guilt in my chest was the only thing I could focus on.  Eric and Ethan came out into the kitchen watching me wearily.

"Hey D, maybe you should eat something.. it's been a while don't you think?" Eric said softly as caring as possible.  His voice made me want to puke my guts out.  The fact that he just stood there while my baby was forced out of our house.  I didn't even meet his eyes.  "I could make a sandwh-."  I stormed out of the kitchen raging with anger.  I ended up slamming the front door behind me and walking out of the complex without giving it a second thought.  I do need to eat though..  I ordered an Uber which pulled up to the complex within minutes.

I got in the car and leaned my head back as we made our way to my favorite boba shop in the city.  It's not the best source of nutrition, but it'll do for now.  I tried to think of anything else but all I could come up with was Ro.  My beautiful Roan.  What was he doing with her?  No doubt she's already tried escaping multiple times, the stubborn ass she is.

I smiled as her face pooped into my head.  If I focused hard enough I could feel her head on my shoulder, softly breathing on my exposed skin.  I looked up to see the uber driver looking at me uncomfortably.  I looked outside and saw that we had arrived at the destination.  "Oh, my apologies.  Thank you."  I said softly.  I tipped him well over the app and walked into the boba shop.  It was busy and crowded, which wasn't really what I needed right now.

Social anxiety.....boba.....anxiety....b o b a.....  I left the little shop and took a deep breath trying to think of another place near here that would have less people and good food.  A little shop I saw on the way to the complex pooped into my head.  I started towards it my stomach growling in protest, wanting food right then.

It was only 2 blocks to my right, so I'd be there in no time.  The streets were their normal hustle and bustle with no one really caring who was walking past them: my perfect scenario.  I saw myself as I walked by the different shops seeing my reflection warp with the different materials.  My shirt was loose and light blue paired with actual blue jeans that cuffed at the ankle.

Not necessarily my style but it made me feel closer to her.  I knew I couldn't be mad at the scouts, they were obviously trying their best, giving me updates every hour on the hour.  The whole company knew how important she was to me, and therefor the entire company.  I reached the little shop and looked inside to see it completely empty.

I smiled with thanks, knowing that somehow the universe was giving me a little pick-me-up.  I walked into the little shop breathing in the humid air and hearing the old tv mixed with an out of date air conditioning.  There was small chatter behind the wall next to the counter.  They obviously weren't expecting any customers today.

To be fair, in contrast with the surrounding stores this one did look like shit.  But its empty, and is supposed to have boba.  I walked up to the wooden countertops and rang the little silver bell next to the register.  Two workers came out and smiled at me apologetically.  I gave my order of a salmon roll and a coffee boba with tapioca.  She rang me up and even gave me a discount which I politely refused because I could tell they needed the money.