Chapter 38

This chapter was graciously written by @_Thing_Two .  Please go support them, and thank you again for finishing this book!

*Roan's POV* 

I will say this one more single time: I hate car rides. The cramped spaces with the almost suffocating atmosphere, the scratchy leather, the psychopath who has a crazy fucking obsession with you holding your hand as tight as he possibly can whilst he holds you against him like some sort of stuffed animal. My head was still foggy, but I could still see Marry, Marc and their grandson Kai laying on the floor with the pooling blood...Ethan's hand in mine-the person who ended me back in here and for everyone else, they had done nothing wrong. Well...we all know who was in the wrong. I couldn't help but let my mind race, not wanting to focus on my kidnapper's presence. And I guess he realized this, the feeling of his hands playing with my hair making me want to either scream or throw up. I couldn't sit up, that was out of the question seeing that I could barely keep my eyes open. Instead, I listened to the faint conversations of kidnapper one and kidnapper two, Ethan's soft sobs being a part of the reason I actually woke up. "WOULD YOU SHUT UP AND STOP CRYING?!" I could see how red Eric's face was without even having to open my eyes. With Ethan not being quiet, I heard the impact of the smack and I instinctively pushed myself back against Damiar. Even his name made me sick. I felt his arm wrap around my waist and I swear to god, I felt my stomach recoil in return, threatening to spill everything from my body. I felt his fingers brush my hair behind my ear, squeezing my eyes shut to keep back the growing tears. I felt a soft kiss on my temple, that fucking smug smirk on his face making my skin crawl. When the car came to a stop, I quickly sat up, feeling his cold fingers wrap around my wrist painfully tight. He pulled me into his side, picking me up as if I were a child, caring me towards the jet. I was too tired to fight his grip, and I knew my punishment would be far worse if I ran. He walked up the ramp, entering the expensive jet, being carried back.

When the car came to a stop, I quickly sat up, feeling his cold fingers wrap around my wrist painfully tight. He pulled me into his side, picking me up as if I were a child, caring me towards the jet. I was too tired to fight his grip, and I knew my punishment would be far worse if I ran. He walked up the ramp, entering the expensive jet, being carried back to a room, a plush bed set. I squirmed in his grip, trying to get out of his hold, but he stayed resilient. "Baby, I don't suggest resisting, I'm not in the mood." I hated giving up, especially to this man, but I didn't want anymore scars to be scratched into my skin and make my body any more hideous. But, that's exactly what I did, just went quiet and limp, becoming a rag doll to this man. He laid me down, my first instinct being to turn away and curl up in a ball. I heard a heavy sigh come from Damiar who was now behind me, his boots padding against the wood tiles, kneeling in front of me. He reached up towards my face, shrinking back away from him, feeling every piece of hope shatter into pieces. Damiar's eyes drained into something similar to pain or sadness, pulling his hand back to grab a bottle of water. When he looked back at me, his face was emotionless once more whilst he pushed the water bottle towards me. "Here." "No," I blatantly said. "I'm not thirsty." "I don't care," he shoved the bottle towards me again. "Drink it." I stayed resilient, rolling over on to my other side. I knew it was drugged with something, seeing he was being so persistent. "Roan, do not make me shove this down your fucking throat, you know damn well I will." I contemplated my choices, which were; continue to be a brat or I could give in again. And I made a wise choice.

"Go ahead; it's not like you haven't forced any other fucking drugs down my throat." I mumbled, pulling my knees back up to my chest. The bed shifted, realizing what mistake I had made when a cold hand grabbed my face gruffly, yanking my head towards him. I struggled slightly, his hand forcing my mouth open, shoving the head of the bottle into my quivering lips. "I fucking told you, Roan," he sounded like something that would kill me...which wasn't too far off. "Now fucking lay down and be a good girl." The sentence made me want to hurl, but my head was already too fuzzy to fight back now. I watched him leave me, not a single drop of remorse left in him before my eyes fuzzed out, falling away into darkness again. 

-

*Damiar's POV* 

I sunk into the seat once more, my hands gripped against the arm rests. The entire day it was a raging battle of attempting to get my thoughts to say in one single line that wouldn't result in a mishap that could potentially damage my poor Roan. My baby, my girl who has been a pain in my ass with her damned stubborn attitude, adding to one more reason why I pursued her. Not only is she beautiful in every way, she doesn't take orders from just anyone. She's incredibly brilliant and compassionate, and with those two things being connected, she should be able to fix me. I thought back to only a few minutes with the water bottle and how she had to be stubborn. I felt my jaw locking, running my hands through my hair to push it out of my eyes, picking at my lips with my head turned to the window. I amerced myself into the own world of soft oranges and fiery reds, the plane's wing skidding across the clouds. I scanned across the clouds, looking towards the bright, orange ball we call the sun, picking at my knuckles, a nervous habit of mine.

I needed to figure out a new tactic seeing that the strict rules I kept making were constantly being broken. I had to find a way to keep my baby safe, she had to be sheltered from whatever the hell this world had in store. As for now, I had to figure out how she would learn her lesson this time. I had to find the next punishment. 

-

I hope you're all doing well, and good luck on your finals if you have them.  Remember, 5 second breath in, 8 second breath out.  Eat a good breakfast and remember that grades don't define you. : ) <3