Chapter 7

Per usual, I was tense and Damiar was calm and collected. Once we got back on the weird backroad we were taking, he pulled out one of the bags of food and rummaged through them picking out some chicken nuggets.

Seeing him not give a damn about anything around him and just eating chicken nuggets was so surreal. He's been so calm this entire time.

And it's not like he's not recognizable. He looks like a fucking Walmart highlighter! "Are you not scared you'll get caught?"

I said looking at him. He finished chewing his chicken nugget and then sighed. "We're going to be fine.

I have people who come behind me to clean up my messes. That stupid whore Jade was the only thing that almost got us in trouble.

Thankfully the police didn't ask any questions. I just said you passed out from shock." He took another bite of chicken.

"But they're dead now no it's no biggie." I looked ahead thinking about those policemen's families. All of the hurt and terror that Damiar has put people through.

What he can put me through. That means he probably killed Caleb and Andrew too.

He handed me another bag and I looked inside it, starving. I had been promised food twice by him and still I haven't eaten in.. 3 days?

The bag contained 3 orders of fries and a pack of sliced apples. I immediately shoved my face with the food, enjoying the salty potatoes and sweet fruit.

It was about 1am by now but I wasn't tired. I don't know how Damiar wasn't though. We still had another 5-6 hours to spare and I fiddled with my thumbs not knowing what to do.

My phone had obviously not been with me since I had just gotten out of bed when he took me.

I looked down realizing I was still in my night clothes and a robe. The robe was expensive silk, a gift from a former boyfriend.

It was ripped a little on the side and I poked my finger through it out of habit. I realized how cold I was and remembered the soft blanket from his apartment.

"Do you think I could have a sweatshirt or some real clothes? And are you bringing everything from your old apartment to California?" 

He smiled and took a sip of water. "You ask a lot of questions." "I need a lot of answers." He chuckled and mumbled a quiet 'touché'.

He was treating it like a joke, but I was not in the mood for games. I stayed silent and waited for him to actually answer my question.

He looked over with a smile and when he saw my frown he sighed. "We're going to be at the house soon and there are clothes there you can where. I know you took a liking to that blanket I had, so I can see if one of my friends can send it over. For now-."

He pulled off his black hoodie to reveal a black shirt. "Eyes on the road!" I yelled concerned. He chuckled and threw me the hoodie.

"No one else even knows about this road for the most part. Who am I gonna crash into?" I sighed and took off my robe. All I had underneath was a blue and white silk tank top with matching shorts.

I quickly threw the hoodie on, wanting to cover up as much as possible. Interestingly enough he didn't peek once at my bare skin, as if he could just turn off any sexual excitement.

In fact this whole time he hasn't been inappropriate once. The jacket smelled like him: a mixture of sweet pumpkin mixed with some sort of woody cologne.

I had to admit, it was comforting. The home-like smell mixed with the leftover body heat made me want to pass right out.

I leaned my hard on my hand but quickly shook my head trying to stay awake. I didn't trust him not to drug me or anything while I was asleep, especially after the trunk situation and the fact that we're in a new place in a house with possible neighbors.

This happened over and over again until finally Damiar spoke up. "Baby, you're tired. Go to bed, you're safe. If you're having trouble I can always help."

I knew the last part to be true and didn't take his words lightly. I tucked my legs into his sweatshirt and took a deep breath of his scent.

I finally let myself fall asleep.

I woke up to someone calling my name. I sat up groggily and looked around co fused as to why I was in a car.

Everything slowly came back and it felt like I had been punched in the stomach. "Hey baby, good morning."

I nodded a hello and rubbed my eyes. "Oh shit." He looked at me with a side glance of disapproval. "First, language. Second, what's wrong?"

"Oh, sorry. Um, it's just my contacts. One just fell out." He leaned back in his seat. "Don't worry, we're like 20 minutes from the house. I had someone send your prescription."

Creepy ass. I took the other one out and threw it on the floor of the car. I was blinder than hell, and now everything was fuzzy, and my depth perception was out of balance.

About 5 minutes later we turn into a neighborhood labeled 'Orchid Branch Estates'. "Roan, hopefully I don't need to warn you that if you mess up, the poor security guard dies."

I nodded my head quickly and we pulled up to the security gate. Damiar rolled down his window and the security guard walked out with a smile.

"Hello sir, who are you here for today?" "We just bought a house in here. Should be under the last name Krogh?"

He flipped through some papers on his clipboard. For the sake of the guards life, I hoped the name was there.

The last name sort of fit him for some reason. It had a nice ring is all I'm saying. "Yep, gotcha right here. Welcome to the neighborhood Mr. Krogh!" "Thanks so much!"

He said with a small wave. We started driving through the neighborhood to see huge houses spread out around a lake of some sort that connected everyone backyard.

The houses were not very close together at all, making each residence very private. So once again no one can hear me scream.

We pulled in to a gate containing a dark brown almost black and gray house with a modern styled architecture.

How could he afford all of this? Some questions I don't think I want the answers to yet. We pulled in to the house and automatically I was nervous.

He got out of the car, but I stayed put not wanting to get in trouble. He came around and opened my door. "M'lady." He said with a goofy grin.

The fact that he's trying to be sweet makes this so much worse. I grabbed my robe from the floor of the car and slipped out of the car pulling my shorts down once I was on both of my feet.

He walked behind me with one hand on my back and led me to the door. It already had the same fingerprint lock as his apartment.

He opened the door and I stepped in to see a beautiful dark wood and white interior. He closed the door behind me making me jump. "Relax it's just me." He walked around me and into the open kitchen area.

"Sit down Baby, we need to talk."

My heart fell to my feet.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A.N. thx for the support! Hope you guys enjoy!! xx