Press

"Hi my name is Leanne I'm from the national telegraph, my question is for Helena...."

It was the press conference for Burton and Taylor. The cast were all seated along a table answering questions from press about the up coming movie. Johnny always hated this part of any movie he was working on, the press could be so nosey and rude and he hated giving them the time of day. His questions however had been ones relating to the BBC film and not his personal life which he was only to happy to answer.

Helena was seated beside him in a pretty flowery dress that showed of her curves beautifully. Her hair was down and was a beautiful curly mess of brown waves. He couldn't help but watch her as she answered the reporters question and smile at her when she laughed suddenly along with another of their co stars.

She was so effortlessly sweet and the more he was around her the more he began to realise just why he had been so in love with her in the first place. She was funny, kind and ever so attractive he knew doing this film together was going to be a challenge....

"My name is Paul Stevens I work for the daily mail, I have a question for Johnny..."

All eyes were on him now and so he was quick to revert his attention on the young man at the back of the room. He noticed Helena pick up her Diet Coke and sip at it through a straw as she listen this only had him smiling towards her again. He had joked with her earlier about her love for Diet Coke, it couldn't be normal full fat or Coke Zero it had to be diet and because of that he had teased her playfully before walking into this interview.

"Richard Burton is such a diverse character, do you think you'll find it easier playing a man with the same addiction as you" The mood in the room changed at that moment and Johnny could feel himself getting wound up. Who the fuck was this guy!

Moving his small table mic towards his lips Johnny frowned. "What kind of question is that" he sounded irritated and Helena could tell he was getting angry.

"Alcoholism, you both have a history of..."

"Shut the fuck up man...be respectful" Johnny cut him off leaning back in his seat in announce and shaking his head. Just then he felt Helena's hand on his thigh which had him looking at her. No one could see as it was under the long table they were sat at but it had surprised him even so.

She mouthed 'its alright' and smiled supportively towards him.

"Can we please keep the questions solely on the movie, thank you" the man organising the event announced into a microphone knowing to well he could get sued because of this.

"I have a question for David Miller" the press continued on with their questions and Johnny was able to calm down a little. As soon as Helena moved her hand away he felt the urge to pull it back and hold her hand under the table. Although he didn't. That little bit of contact had soothed him.

David answered the question, he was sat the other side of Helena. Johnny could see in her face that she loved him. She was smiling and laughing away at what he said and could see she was happy with David. He remembered what it felt like to have those eyes looking at him that way, he realised now just how much he missed her. He was his happiest at the age of 17.

If he knew that 15 years later she would be getting married to another man he might have considered his options back then. Maybe he threw away the best part of his life and didn't realise it.

Blinking from this thoughts Johnny realised just how pathetic he was being. He needed a kick in the head for how his stupid mind was making him feel. All he needed was a good drink and a woman to warm his bed tonight, that was all and he would feel fine.