Happy

6 years later....

Tapping his foot anxiously in the back of the taxi that picked him up about half an hour ago Johnny checked his watch seeing that the time was now half 3 in the afternoon. He was going to be late.

The London traffic was a nightmare and Johnny could only hope that he would be in time for his wife's speech about domestic abuse. Helena had opened up a help group to all those who have been through any kind of abuse in their lifetime. She was the main ambassador for her cause and had raised lots of money helping those who need it most. There were a few other famous faces that had helped her along the way.

Helena had opened up her own town hall just on the outskirts of London which she used for a place for victims of domestic abuse to come and tell their story's. There were specialists there that helped these people as well as being somewhere that was a save place to share their own tragic stories.

Helena had her speech in under 15 minutes now and Johnny had an awful feeling he was going to miss it. The new release of his movie 'secret window' was out in cinemas next week and so the promotion side of the movie had been ridiculous these last few days following up to the release. It was interview after interview and this mornings one with the BBC had been a long one.

"Looks like we're moving now" the taxi driver alerted Johnny.

"Thank god" he mumbled looking out of the window as they passed the busy streets of London.

Even with it's ups and downs London had grown on Johnny a lot since living here with Helena. It was home to him now and yes at first when he had asked Helena to marry him he also wanted her to move to America. But he could see now why she loved it so much in London. He still had his place out in LA and would stay there when he was filming over there but London was home to him now. His family were here so of course it would be.

Family, the very word had him smiling to himself. They now had a beautiful 4 year old daughter called Nell and Helena was currently 7 months pregnant with their second baby. They were happy, of course like every marriage they had their ups and downs but even so they were still so madly in love with each other.

Helena was a changed woman. Johnny had watched her blossom into this beautiful, kind and wonderful mother. He made her happy, at least that's what she kept telling him every time he would catch her smiling towards him when amongst friends. Their love for each other made other people jealous.

Their friends described them as unbreakable and they really were. When the world found out about the engagement 5 years ago, everyone was genially happy for them. They had been through testing times together but came out stronger then ever.

"We'll be there in 10 minutes" the driver told him to which Johnny checked his watch again and sighed before thanking him.

——————————

"Domestic abuse has many faces and the faces of those who survive it are varied too. Now there are over 300 of you here with me today and we know that it's statistically likely that some of us here have experienced some form of abuse..."

Walking into the dark hall Johnny was surprised by the amount of men and women gathered here today. There were tables filled with people sat around listening to Helena as she stood on stage with a head mic and read from a piece of paper she had prepared for her speech.

Listening to her talk so freely and bravely on stage had him stopping in his tracks to just stand and watch her. As he looked around the dark hall he noticed a few people dabbing their eyes with tissues and nodding along with everything she said.

Standing there 7 months pregnant talking about her darkest times Johnny hadn't felt as proud to call her his wife then he did this very second. Helena Bonham Carter was so much more then just a film star with a celebrity status. Her main goal in life was to help others, to keep people from the pain she once had felt losing her baby to her abusive ex. She really was so special.