Crash

"And the Oscar goes too..."

After a lot of persuasion Johnny finally ended up flying out to LA. He felt uneasy about going but Helena was adamant that she would be fine and that she wanted him to go. He loved her support and knew she was thinking of his best interests but even on the flight and arriving back to his home in LA Johnny felt uneasy. It would now only be a matter of weeks for her to go into labour and so being this far away worried him.

His plan was that he would get the oscars done and then head straight home. He didn't want to miss the birth of his baby boy. When the first found out they were expecting a boy the second time around Johnny had felt sick with excitement, he was already such a proud father and the baby wasn't even here yet.

"JOHNNY DEPP, SECRET WINDOW" his eyes widened! He won!

Everyone cheered while he sat in his seat bewildered, he felt Larry patting his back from behind with the largest smiles on his face. As Johnny stood people clapped him and hugged him along the way to except his Oscar. He couldn't believe it, he felt suddenly nervous which was weird as he ever got nervous. Helena had kept telling him he would win but he hadn't quite believed it...

The cheering soon tamed as he walked up to the stage and was greeted by Julie Roberts who kissed his cheek and handed him the award. He smiled gratefully and held the Oscar in his right hand still quite not believing he had won.

"Wow" he muttered into the small mic which had everyone laughing.

"I know everyone says it but I really wasn't excepting that, thank you to everyone who has worked on this movie with me...David Keopp you are amazing uhhhh...thank you too Phillip glass, Geoff zanelli....gavin pollen, this truly has been such a great movie to film so thank you for casting me as your lead" he said which had people laughing as he made his speech.

"Larry Evans my agent, we did it!" He grinned holding up the Oscar again reviving a few laughs again from the audience.

"And I must say thank you to my wife...Hellie I know you're watching and I can't thank you enough for being my rock...I love you and I'm bringing this home...thank you everyone..." everyone cheered as Johnny left the with his Oscar.

He felt great, all these year of making movies and finally it paid off. Of course it wasn't all about the winning, he knew that but even so it always felt great to be rewarded for your work.

It was now 2:00 in the morning and Johnny was well and truly partied out. He had celebrated with friends all night and now was ready to return back to his place to get some shut eye. Tomorrow morning he would be heading back to London to be with his family and for that he thought it best to get a few hours sleep in before his long flight tomorrow.

As he said goodbye to Larry and his wife and a few others Johnny called for his driver. It was a warm night here in LA and Johnny had to admit he did miss the warm weather. London was his home but LA weather was something he certainly preferred. Maybe he would bring Helena and his children here one day to escape for a while...

As his driver pulled up Johnny got in the car and asked him to take him home. He hadn't had too much to drink but his head was spinning just a little.

His phone buzzed in his pocket and he noticed he had a few text from Helena.

We've just heard the news! Congratulations baby I knew you would win, I'm so happy for you x

Smiling down at his phone Johnny was simply typing back before the car suddenly swerved on the road throwing him from his seat before another car crashed into their side flipping them over. They had been hit!

The widows were smashed and the car was now upside down in the middle of the road. Johnny was slipping in and out of consciousness his face bloody and his arms and legs unmoving. Hissing in pain he heard nothing but white noise and the sound of his driver crawling out of the broken window blood covering his hands and face.

As his driver pulled him from the shattered car Johnny heard him calling the ambulance. He couldn't move he felt as if his back was shattered into a million pieces.

———————-

"You can't tell my wife"

Larry stared in deep confusion at his friend laying in a very bad state in one of the hospital beds. He had broken a leg and fractured a few bones in his arm, the crash hadn't killed him yet Larry knew he would at least be in hospital for a few weeks...

"You can't really expect me not to tell Helena of your condition she will be worried sick, it's already all over the news...." Larry ranted worryingly making Johnny grit his teeth in anger and hiss as he moved slightly the pain shooting through his back.

"She'll lose the baby if you tell her! She can't take that amount of stress..." he argued back as doctors and nurses began to fuss around him. He could feel himself getting mad, he just wanted to get on that damn plane and be home with his family!

"Johnny she'll find out anyway..."

"OH! For fuck sake!" He snapped losing his temper, hating the very idea of Helena finding out what happened. "If she knows what happened to me she'll lose our baby! I am not seeing her go through that again!"

The doctors fussing over him had him lashing out and barking at them to back off. Larry could see Johnny's main concern was how Helena might react to the news. He understood yet being who he was there was no way this would not be in all the papers.

"I'll ring Allie....maybe I could get her to talk to Helena first and explain that your fine and that you're not seriously injured..." Larry said to which Johnny sighed and ran his hand through his dirty hair. "Fine, but tell her not to mention that I've broken anything or that I might not be back right away I can't have Helena stressed..." He sighed his face creasing in pain.

Larry glanced at his doctor and could see that Johnny was far from fine. His doctor looked concerned, it looked like Johnny would be stuck in hospital for a while because of the accident. Larry just hoped for his sake that Helena wouldn't be going into labour any time soon...

————————

Staring at Allie as if her whole world was crumbling Helena felt tears spring to her eyes. Johnny had been in an accident? He was now lying in hospital? Just how had all this happened?

Running her hand over her baby bump sitting on the edge of her settee Helena gulped closing her eyes in agony. This couldn't be happening.

"He's going to be ok Hel, he has the best doctors and Larry is with him" Allie explained softly moving to sit beside her.

"You can't worry or stress yourself out" she said rubbing her hand up and down Helena's back only for her to scoff and shake her head. "Not worry? How can I not" tears trickled down her face. She felt sick.

Allie could see the effect this was having on Helena and it crushed her heart knowing that she couldn't fly out and see him because of her condition. She just hoped that this wouldn't effect the baby, Allie could bare to see her go through another pregnancy only to lose the child.

"How bad is he? Has he broken anything? Is he awake?" Helena sniffed wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"No he hasn't broken anything" Allie lied. She knew everything about Johnny's condition but was under Johnny strict instructions not to tell her just how bad he was. She agreed it would be best not to tell her everything as she was in such a fragile state. "He's awake, and he claims that he's fine"

"Thank god...." shaking her head Helena sighed running her hands over her baby bump.

"Helena he didn't want you knowing as he's afraid this news will cause you stress...."

"I need to speak to him" she whispered still not quite believing their bad luck.

"Of course you do I'll message Larry and ask when a good time to call is"

Nodding sadly Helena braved a warm smile towards her friend "thank you"

A/N: well this has shaken a few things up😬