Truth

"Helena what's wrong?" Johnny whispered by her ear as his lips fell to her neck pressing sweet kisses from behind. They were still in the coat cupboard. In fact they had been in there for awhile now. Her mind had been travelling back to David once again but she hadn't realised she had been so transparent in front of Johnny.

"I'm fine" she said softly turning round to look at him as he neatened up his bow tie. He could tell by the sadness hidden in her eyes that she was far from fine, he knew exactly what she was thinking and how she was feeling and for that he could only lean in slowly and kiss her lips gently wanting her to know he was on her side.

She was a soft and gentle such a caring person. Johnny knew that she felt guilty again about David and he understood completely. Again tonight she had been a little drunk and he too felt bad for sleeping with her knowing she was intoxicated by drink. But he loved her, not that that was an excuse but even so any affection she showed him he couldn't exactly say no, she made him crazy at times.

Breaking away slowly Johnny wrapped his arms loosely around her and moved closer placing his forehead on hers. "I know you feel guilty Helena"

His words had her closing her eyes painfully, she began to feel the tears spring to her eyes. There was so much she wished she had done differently, she cared a lot about Johnny but she felt she used him slightly knowing she was so unhappy with her fiancée. She didn't want to lead Johnny on but it was far too late for that, she had been reckless and unfair and the guilt she felt was not only towards David but Johnny too. She felt so numb, all she wanted was to be loved and she wasn't sure if Johnny would ever stay faithful to her, his reputation worried her.

Of course she knew it was just news paper headlines and silly articles in the press but then it seemed he had never stayed faithful to any of his past girlfriends. She wanted to love him, did love him but she didn't want to fall to deep. She was afraid he would hurt her.

"He's cheating on me Johnny" she whispered sadly to which he couldn't help but feel a little worried that perhaps she made love with him just to ease her broken heart. If that were true he too would feel broken, he hoped that she wanted him back and wasn't just getting back at David.

"I'm sorry" he said still keeping the closeness between them. "How did you find out?"

Looking at him she pulled away a little "I know he's been talking to someone called Olivia, last night I went out for some air..." she gulped sadly feeling her tears threatening to fall. "When I came back he was asleep, I looked at his phone and he was telling her how he was marrying me for my money...he told her that it wouldn't change things between them..."

His eyes were wide in disgust. "What" he whispered angrily. "Doesn't he make enough money?"

Shaking her head Helena broke away from Johnny's arms and ran her arms around herself instead. "There's something I haven't told you about my relationship with him"

Johnny could see there was something she was holding back and for that he could only frown towards her. She looked ashamed and nervous which only made him feel nervous too.

"Helena tell me" he pushed gently seeing her looking so guilty.

"I'm struggling money wise... you see David...well he gambles" she began only for Johnny to run his hand over his face and sigh loudly.

"Oh god Helena why didn't you tell me this before" he didn't need her to really explain anymore. Johnny had a friend that had the same addiction, his friend was loaded with money and lost everything over time by stupid betting and gambling. He was now struggling to put food on his plate because of his addiction....