Possesive

Breathing out slowly through her parted lips Helena gulped nervously sitting beside Johnny in her doctors office. It was just the two of them waiting for the tests results and Helena had never felt so nervous in her whole life. Finding out if her baby was actually Johnny's could potentially change everything, this might very well flip her whole world.

Feeling Johnny place his hand on hers she looked at him with a nervous smile. He smiled back at her supportively before squeezing her hand knowing she was feeling anxious, he too was feeling a little nervous. What if the results were positive? What if the woman he loved was actually carrying his baby? What would happen between them if that was the case? Would they try to make things work? But then Johnny didn't want her back just because it was his, he wanted Helena to want him...

"Are you alright?" She heard him whisper by her ear which had her looking at him again with a warm smile.

"My stomach is in knots" Helena admitted still firmly holding his hand not quite ready to let him go just yet.

"Would you be disappointed?" He asked hoping that whatever the result, she would be happy.

"Would you really want to be a father Johnny?" Her eyes were so warm and soft as she looked at him. He felt his heart melt every time he looked into those chocolate brown eyes of hers. Looking at her like this made him want to simply lean in and kiss her softly, kiss her in a way that would make her feel loved and protected and that no matter what he would be there for her. He was a changed man, he only wanted her and no one else...

"Yes I would" he smiled at the thought "To have a daughter I could spoil and treat like a little princess or a son that is lucky enough to be blessed with my good looks" he smirked which had her giggling and shaking her head at him.

Despite his playful cockiness Helena had to admit the picture he painted was rather sweet. She was sure Johnny would make a wonderful father, he was so playfully and full of energy all the time. He would be great with kids.

Looking at her for a moment as she shook her head at him Johnny ran his thumb over her knuckles softly. He really wanted this test to be positive, he hadn't realised just how much he wanted this until now. The suspense of not knowing was killing him.

Just then Dr Reed walked back into his office with a file of paper work. Helena silently took in a deep breath and sat up straight realising this was the moment. She squeezed Johnny's hand to which he did the same and looked towards Helena's personal doctor as he sat down behind his desk.

Dr Reed could see the anticipation on both their faces. He wasn't going to drag this out.

"I won't leave you in suspense" he began looking at the pair of them. "The results are negative...I'm afraid you're not the baby's father" Dr Reed explained looking at the files in his hand before glancing up between the pair of them as they took that in.

Helena had to admit she felt a little disappointed. She didn't want to feel that way but a part of her hoped that it could have been Johnny's. Why she felt that way confused her, I mean she cared about David and was on bored with the idea of having his child so why she felt disappointed really messed with her head.

"Thank you doctor" Johnny broke the silence with a false smile when inside he felt a little broken. That wasn't the result he had been hoping for.

After hearing all that Dr Reed had to say both Helena and Johnny left the hospital together. They walked arm in arm down the road before stopping as they reached Johnny's car.

"I'm sorry I put you through all that" Johnny began unlocking his car with his keys.

"Don't be silly, it was best to be certain"