Kindness

Waking up to the bright light shinning through his hotel window Johnny felt something tickling his chin. As he slowly opened his hazy eyes and noticed Helena fast asleep his arms the pair of them fully clothed hugging one another on the top on his bed. They were back in London and he had been only to happy to be there for her as she cried and explained everything that happened with her and David.

She was heartbroken, truly upset about everything that had happened over the last few months. He knew despite his own feelings towards her he needed to be there as her friend now. Johnny had decided last night when she drifted off in his arms that he would not push in on trying to make them more then just friends. She needed the chance to heal, needed the time to get over David without the worry of Johnny trying to push his way in.

He was a gentleman and always would be when it came to Helena. He would be her friend and the man she could turn to whenever she needed but that was all, he didn't expect anything more. Maybe in time things between them could blossom but for now being her friend was what she needed.

Her dark curls were caught up in his stubble and for that he very carefully lifted his free arm to move her hair aside. She stirred slightly but only squeezed his body tighter to her as she continued to sleep.

This had him smiling and carefully wrapping his arms around her. She had got out everything she had bottled up for so long last night, had literally cried herself to sleep and for that he knew she must be tired now. Closing his eyes he carefully nuzzled his face into her hair and held her tighter against him whilst gently pressing his lips to her temple.

He couldn't remember the last time he felt so relaxed to have a woman in his arms like this. He realised now that she wasn't the only one needing a friend. He too wanted her in his life no matter what their relationship. Like Burton and Taylor all over again....

"Johnny" he woke at the sound of his name and noticed Helena was up showered and dressed. Just how long had he been asleep? Blinking back his tiredness he lifted himself up on the bed and noticed her brushing out her wet hair from washing it in the shower. She was wearing a checked skirt and black lace top which she must have got out of her suitcase.

"I'm sorry to wake you but it's midday" she said walking over to where he was sitting.

Frowning he rubbed his eyes and checked his watch to read 12:00. "Oh"

Smiling at him sweetly Helena sat on the bed beside him "I kept you up most of the night...I'm sorry" she said knowing it was because they chatted for so long that he lost track of time.

"It's fine" his voice was slightly hoarse and very groggy. "How are you feeling?"

Sighing loudly Helena pulled herself back to her feet "Better" she replied to which he smiled sweetly at her.

"Fancy getting some lunch?" His random suggestion had her smirking at him.

"That would be lovely"

————————-

Sitting across the local cafe table from Helena Johnny smiled seeing her laughing away with him. He loved making her smile she was so beautiful when she was laughing and right now she seemed so relaxed. Secretly he had cancelled all his business meetings today just so he could be with her. He wouldn't tell her that as he knew she would have told him off for doing so. But he wanted to be with Helena today, it was clear she wasn't ready to be alone yet.

"What happened to Jessica by the way?" Helena asked wondering where she had run off to during the course of the night.

Johnny sipped at his coffee and sighed "I walked in on her in rather a compromising position on the floor pleasuring one of your party guests" he said making her eyes widen slightly.