Chapter 2: A New Beginning

“It hurts.”

“My father, he would be devastated. I hope he doesn't blame himself for coming late.”

“Mom, I wanted to surprise her with a new house. I designed it myself. It took me years to save until finally, I can gift her dream home in her 56th birthday."

“Chobee.......nah he won't miss me. That jerk cat, I bet he'll miss me now!”

These are the thoughts that are running inside my head. At that time, I knew deep inside that I'll die. I mean, yo it's a bus yo? And full speed at that, heading straight towards me.

I lived my life fully. I am an architect and I love my job so much...and the pay too (lol). I love my parents so much. I'm an only daughter and I saw how they struggled with the finances just so they could afford to send me to school and pay my needs. I was never attracted in the idea of having a lover, I mean nobody even courted me hahaouch. I devoted my whole time in studying just so I could give them the life they deserved. 7 years later after graduating and working in America, I returned home. I got enough money to make our dream home. My greatest project, designing my parent's dream home, with a contemporary touch. It went to construction for 3 years. It was big and I love it, Dad loved it and we're planning to surprise Mom that day. The day it was completed, her birthday.

But then I died. I tried to ignore it at first but......

It hurts..

Not physically but emotionally.

Why me? Why did it have to be that day? Why was it raining that day? I shouldn't have sat at that seat. I shouldn't have stayed in that cafe. I shouldn't have....

Died..

At that moment, even if I knew it's impossible to cry anymore, I cried.

Then I heard it..

A wail.