Chapter 41: Richard Henney

I am Richard Henney. The only child of the Henney family and sole heir to their business empire.

I take pride in my parents, especially their investment to the Diamond Productions. ( It is still not time before their investment backfires)

I love them, especially my mother. Her short blonde hair and light brown eyes are so pretty to me. Father was also very cool with his blue eyes and black hair.

Everything they did, I didn't question.

Except that..

Being engaged to Laeticia Ross.

I first met her when she was 7. I always receive praises from grandfather and my parents about how splendid she was. I admit I was a bit childish then, I got jealous. So I invited her to dance. She is a good dancer for that young age, but I got bored. I never liked dancing, anyway, and then she tripped. At first, I do not know what to do, then I got irritated...she was supposed to be splendid yet this happened? I was so ashamed I danced with her, since I knew she will fall, I do not want to be the object of humiliation in that party.

I was already to where my parents were, when I heard the music play again. I turned and saw a boy with black hair dance with her. I recognized that boy, the heir of the Alphonse family. I heard a lot about him since my friends go to the same school as him, the Westminster Academy. He always manages to be rank 1 or 2 in every exam, plays violin and piano perfectly and is athletic. I finally met a worthy rival. I will surely enroll in that school in high school.

Then he tripped.....

Isn't he supposed to be outstanding? Why did he let other people laugh at him. He didn't even walk away.

That's when I saw it, she laughed. She didn't even smile at me, her fiancé yet she have the nerve to laugh with the other man?

After that party, grandfather scolded me. He rarely praised and talked to  me so I was glad when he called me to his office.

Little did I know, it was a scolding.
Then he praised Laeticia again for being able to dance at that age.

Laeticia...Laeticia always...

If you like her so much then just make her your heiress.

I grew to hate Laeticia..

And that hatred increased as we grew older. I visited her once when we learned she got amnesia. She instantly became red when she saw me, I was used to it because girls normally chases me.

So seeing her look at me like that only irritated me.

Then she became perfect. She played violin at the age of 10 in an orchestra, played piano in grandfather's birthday. I always hear praises about how perfect she was and I was compared by grandfather most of the time to her.

She cut her hair short. She also brings me food whenever I see her. She also chases the girls that approach me and lectures me about being careful around so many females since I am engaged and my reputation may be at stake, which makes me irritated.

Do you want to be my Mrs. Henney that much?

Do you like me so much you're willing to do this all?

Let's see how far is your love for me..

***

“Forgive my grandson, Laeticia. You know how arrogant that man is.” Oliver, Richard's grandfather, apologetically said.

“It's fine, Sir Oliver.” though I said that. Isn't Richard the one who called me? Yet he didn't show up..

“Where are Mr. and Mrs. Henney?” I asked.