Chapter 33

It's my seventh birthday today.

I asked my Papa if we could have something like those princess movies I watched.

He just said yes.

I loved the dress my Mama gave me. She said her friend made it.

It looked like a rose! My favorite flower!

I don't remember much about what happened when I was young but I remember seeing a beautiful garden full of different roses.

I also remembered seeing a boy in a wheelchair and only to that. His image is so vague, I can't see him clearly.

I told my parents about it and they said it was a friend's home. We visited them when I was 5.

Recently, I started dreaming about a boy. He is so handsome. He looks like a prince. He had golden hair and blue eyes. I want to see him.

But whenever I dream about him, I also see a woman, she looks like me, only older. Then it will be followed by broken images.

I told my parents about it. They said this isn't the first time I had it.

They said I had it worse when I was younger. I even told them I saw an adult me cry so much in a bed, looking frail and weak before she stopped breathing. They looked scared and told me to never talk about it again and not worry about it.

They grew worried, of course. They hired me a private psychiatrist and made me forget those dreams. They told me I begged them to make it stop because it hurts so much.

I'm worried. Because even if I like the prince in my dream, something inside me tells me to never see him.

I just ignored that feeling and looked forward for my party.

***

I was so happy!

Papa and Mama made our house look like inside the palace! Our dance hall looked like the ones I see in the movies.

I danced first with Papa. I never knew he's a good dancer. I was a bit worried because he is so tall and I'm so small he had to slouch. I'm worried about his weak back.

I told him about it and he seemed to smile stiffly and said he's not old.

After that, he said that I could dance to anyone I like as long as I show that person to him. Then mother smiled and pulled him away from me.

Papa is too overprotective.

As he disappeared, I got overwhelmed with the huge number of people that wanted to dance with me.

Then I saw him...

The Prince in my dreams.

He asked me to dance and I shyly accepted. I was so shy I couldn't look straight at him. But when I did, he looked bored.

Did I do something wrong? Why are you looking so bored? Am I not a good dance partner?

I was so busy being nervous that I slipped.

I know that I'll fall. As I was waiting for it, everything stopped.

Then an image flashed in my head.

I'm seeing the very same scene. In a third person perspective.

Huh?

Then I saw myself slip and fall. The prince walked away and didn't look back.

Then I experienced an extreme pain.

I remembered his name is Richard Henney.

And I was once again brought back to reality.