Chapter 20

The kid beside me cried louder.

“Ethan!” he said.

I looked at that boy and was petrified.

He was hyperventilating. It was so serious that he almost looked in pain with every breathe.

The infirmary started to be in panic.
They didn't expect to have this serious case. There were only two people here and they need to stitch the other kid first. I understand that they do not want to sully their reputation. Even if they hire doctors, this isn't enough.

“I'll help.” Harold said.

“Good, remove all of his heavy clothings and get a cold water to dampen his heat with towel. Then get the oxygen tank, I'll administer the correct pressure.”

I proceeded to help Harold too and we managed to lay him down on the other bed. The nurse attached the mask on him.

But it is still serious.

“S-si..ster...i-is..m-my fr...riend...safe?”

I was surprised. He still got the time to worry about others.

“They're stitching him, so don't worry. You did great”.

I consoled him and he smiled.

After that he lose consciousness again and his hyperventilation got worse.

“This is no good! I think we need to send him to the hospital!”

I never heard Harold sound so panicked but I also felt like him.

Even longer here and this kid will die.

“I'll call our teacher!” the boy said and ran.

The doctor and nurse finished stitching the other kid. They still couldn't stabilize the kid named Ethan.

“We really need to send him to the hospital. Contact the principal, tell him we'll need to send this kid to the hospital and to hell to him and his school's reputation!”

The nurse did as the what the doctor said.

After that the kid's teacher came and notified his parents.

The nurse also said that the principal gave permission. On the condition that they use a private vehicle and will use the secret passage.

We then carried the stretchers the two kids were in to the vehicle. The doctor told us to stay and he will handle the rest.

“Doctor, can I go? I'm their friend!” I heard that other boy plead.

“Sorry kid, but this is serious.”
The doctor then drove fast.

The boy was left crying with his mouth shut.

I tried to comfort him.

“They'll be fine. Don't worry.”

Even if I said that, I don't feel so sure.