Chapter 49

Wait...

OMG...

Is it too exaggerated?

AAaaaA!!

“Is this a prank?!” Sure enough, the other line is angered.

AaaAa!! Don't hang up the phone!!

Think, Ethan, think!!

“Well, if you think about the possibility of me filing a case against you for sexually harassing your actresses, this may be a joke.”

Please don't hang up..

Take the bait..AAA!!

“I'll definitely sue you!” An angry voice shouted again.

Aaa!! Waaait!!

Just as he was about to hang up the phone, a sense of calmness suddenly consumed me.

I instantly remembered the particular detail in the novel that can bring down Neil Langerak, the president of Diamond Productions.

His connection to a certain black syndicate known as the Dragons.

Along with the purging of the crime organization, his wrongdoings were also brought to light, causing his downfall.

“I'm very sure the Dragons wouldn't want to entangle themselves with you anymore once you fail to protect one of their so-called “goods” from the authorities...which in this case, are your actors and actresses.”

Sure enough...

There was dead air on the other end of the line.

“Who are you?” Neil suddenly sobered up and his voice sounded grim.

Good..

I can somehow deal with him now..

“I was actually collaborating with the Ross Company in a major project along with the other investors.”

That's a lie but I'm sure he will surely believe this.

After all, a cornered man will no longer see the clearer picture once a supposed stranger suddenly exposed a secret he so believed to be well hidden.

And Neil Langerak is the perfect depiction of that, with him extremely apprehensive against me now.

There wasn't any response to the man now. He's so quiet that you'll initially think he hang up.

But his heavy breathing tells all the stress the man feels.

I decided to continue my story amidst his silence.

“Everything is going smoothly. We're already on the first phase of the project development...but then, a certain man who happened to be a well-known production company president...said those condemning words about the Ross family's heiress.” My voice turned into a darker tone at the second portion of my response, with my mouth muffled, it sounded very grim and deep.

I heard his sharp intake of air.

“You know, I invested a lot in this one...the projected revenues upon this project's completion, stated that it will surely grant me a significant increase in assets. The initial money I invested is expected to increase by 15%, as concluded by my analysts.”

He still didn't respond.

I didn't expect he'll be this easy to fool once I mentioned that syndicate.

“Then...ever since your interview...a lot of investors pulled out because they don't want to work with me anymore..because I am collaborating with the Ross family.”