Chapter 42

There was a man who suddenly visited me.

It was Bryan Sullivan, my cousin. He's 24 years old now.

“How are you? I bought this, I hope you eat this. It doesn't have any bombs or poison haha!” he joked.

I looked at the cake he bought with Welcome Home written on it.

I remained unresponsive.

What does this guy want?

I leaned back the sofa and crossed my legs.

“What do you want?” I coldly asked.

Even though he doesn't know his mother's plans when the house went on fire on my 12th birthday, I still doubt him, especially when I heard him swear to take the Aesteir company. It will be easier now since Uncle Emilio is the Marketing Head while Bryan is his secretary, plus he also befriended Richard. He had a solid backer now.

“Ouch...you really hate me.” he laughed and looked hurt.

Then he looked serious.

“Richard is planning to invest in oil business. He doesn't have any authority right now but he is looking for clients.” he seriously said.

This piqued my interest. So at this age, he planned to already look for possible oil investments. Though I have nothing to worry about since he'll only be able to do it when he is 25 plus he no longer have any connections with Tarkhan. I'll make sure my friend will never consider accepting his offer.

“Oh? Why should I believe you?” I smirked. Let's see what he has to offer. I'll play with you for now.

He sighed.

“Look, I know you don't trust me right now because I befriended that brat and what happened in the past. You don't have to tell me your plans but make sure you get the highest bidder you can out there. Heck, I even swore to steal Aesteir and made Richard believe that drama.” he said.

“But you truly planned to steal it, right?” I remained unfazed.

“Well, yes I admit but that is different now! I didn't forget my debt to you, your family and Laeticia's! I believe I am a very useful piece right now. That brat doesn't believe me fully yet but I know how to get his complete trust.” He looked at my eyes seriously.

“I'm planning to apply as their family's secretary.”

Interesting....

***
Bryan's POV

I just learned my cousin went back after 6 years.

I was thrown out by father in our house after he knew I befriended Richard. I don't hate him for it, heck if I could, I'll even throw myself out. I have no regrets about being thrown out though. This will make my act of hating my family and stealing Aesteir more believable in the eyes of Richard.

I know we don't have a close relationship, but I grew to admire my cousin when I saw him stand amongst the flames when he saved me and his mother. I really wanted to be close with him, I always wanted to have a brother but I ruined that chance when I got blinded by jealousy. I was really stupid and haughty back then. I acted like an edgy teenager in a novel who thinks the world is against him... I'm so ashamed!

I have to still myself and make me appear shameless whenever I see the Ross and Alphonse family with Dad whenever I accompany Richard in parties. I could even get an Oscar's Award when I glared at them, which Richard saw.

Aaaa!! I'm so sorry!! This is all for your sakes!!

When I visited Ethan, I was shocked.

He grew a lot this past 6 years. I even got intimidate by his looks and aura. Richard is also intimidating but this one..

It's a kind of intimidation that is both scary and inspiring. I laughed inside. This cousin of mine will make a better businessman than that brat.

Richard is definitely good-looking. You know, the king-with-prince charming-looks-knows-it-all type. Which is getting on my nerves, coupled with that arrogant and cold attitude. This young man in front of me is the I-am-a-tyrant-bow-down-you-mongrel type, a quiet ruler with a commanding gaze and aura. His current posture of leaning back at the sofa, with his legs crossed and uninterested gaze is the perfect depiction of that! Which I think have more impact than Richard's.

This is getting interesting. I can't wait to see their showdown. I offered him the cake I bought and he refused. I even persuaded him to get a more beneficial client in oil venture, because Richard said he is planning to explore other possibilities in the business world.

I admit I got hurt and ashamed when he told me he knew I am planning to steal Aesteir. The old me would have thought so, but I am different now.

So I told him my plan.

I will apply as the Henney family's secretary.

“But to make them believe me, I have to get some information about your investments and inform them beforehand. It doesn't have to be a major one, just menial and something that will prove I have every intentions on stabbing you and your family in the back.” It left a bad taste in my mouth.

He looked at me.

I just smiled at him.

He remained quiet and kept staring at me.

His gaze is making my back have cold sweat. This is too intimidating.

“Then, I'll use your money for that failed investment.”

What?

“They wouldn't know it's yours. I'll invest it in an advertising company.”

“Since you were so adamant about it, give me 10 million and I'll invest it under the name of Alphonse. This will make them cautious and look for an advertising company too.” he said

The heck?! That's all the money my account have!!

“Are you backing down now? I'm sure they'll load you up with money for that tip.” He smiled coldly.

“The heck man! But fine...I'll give it in cash.” I said defeatedly.

“ Withdraw the money in small amounts, you wouldn't want them to be suspicious too.” He said.

“Don't worry, I have been polishing my playboy and party boy image these past years, and I spend a lot. They won't doubt.” I sighed. I also forced myself to do that to make me look rebellious.

“It wouldn't hurt to be on the safe side.” He said.

“Fine..how should I contact you?”

“I'll be the one to call you. Don't call back, it won't be my phone. If you have something to say, write a letter and put it in a business envelope and send it to an express delivery or convenience store. Talk to the clerk there, inform them that when a certain caller asked for a delivery, include the letter. Make sure you don't send it to the same store only. That way, they won't have any idea why you always go to the convenience store. To be safe, put the address to anywhere you know, in case they saw it, they won't doubt. Have them deliver it to me along with any random items.” he said.

I was amazed. He thought it all through. If I were to send it directly to him, the Henney family will find me doubtful.

I was suddenly reminded of how he thinks the same as Laeticia.

“You know, you'll be a better match for Laeticia.” I blurted out.

He paused and looked lost.

“What? You never considered yourself a match for her? You're handsome, cousin and a fine man! Like me!” I laughed.

I really wish they'll end up together. Though I doubt it will happen. I don't know if he ever looked at Laeticia romantically and Laeticia is in love with another man.