Chapter 47

A.N: Sorry for the delay. Thank you for all the amazing people who decided to give this novel a try! We now have 30k reads aaaaa!!!

***

Richard's POV

Nothing much happened at the party after. After I was introduced to Laeticia's grandparents and informed them about her situation, I excused myself.

I thought I will have a normal day after that...

But I was so wrong...

“What are you going to do about it?” Axl teasingly said to me as he handed me the photo that is certainly going to make headlines once published.

“Why are you showing this to me?” I looked at him coldly. That smiling face and happy-go-luck tone of his are really getting on my nerves.

“Well..you know, this concerns you and your sweet, sweet fiancée. The other companies were supposed to publish this today you know? But as your friend, I magnificently acquired this and put a halt in it. Who knows what will happen to you and that woman once this is publicized.” With a sincere look, he said those words to me...but I know better.

He is enjoying this.

Axl Rein is one of my schoolmates as well as friends. Their family can be considered as the old king in the publication field. They manage  the publishing of numerous sure-fire bestselling books, magazines and even have connections in the entertainment industry as a source for some juicy showbiz gossip. They established themselves very well to the point that their position cannot be shaken anymore. Though they still won't measure to the Henney family, they proved themselves worthy enough to receive the same respect from people.

Axl is the only heir and is currently managing the public relations management of their company under the command of his father. He controls all the information that may or may not destroy their company's image. Naturally, he also knew that other companies look for their services to tarnish the other competitor's reputation. All in all, this is an ideal exposure for him to adapt to the type of business their dealing.

I looked at the photo that he handed to me.

It shows the back of a man with Laeticia in his arms.

I don't know why but my mood sank.

“ Hehe~ I wonder what other people will think of her.” Axl said with a gleam in his eyes. He is really anticipating what will happen.

Shut up.” I looked at him coldly. I really have no time to play with his wild schemes and entertain his twisted sense of ideas.

Sure enough, he seemed to take notice and finally shut his mouth. He then bid goodbye to me and took the photo from me.

He can do whatever he wants with it.

After all, I don't care about that woman.

And I want to see what she'll do about it.

***
Ethan's POV

After seeing Laeticia being hugged by her fiancé, the male lead, Richard, I went back to the party. After I explained what happened to Lady Erica, she then introduced me to her parents.