Operation (yn) and Hikaru's First Date!

(y/n)'s Pov.

"Mason, what are you doing here?", I was still stunned about seeing him again.

"I came to visit you, of course. How else could I see you when you decided not to come back to America for the break?", Mason said back.

As we talked to each other, the twins stared at Mason while Tamaki looked between the boy and me. Mason noticed the three as well now. "So, are these your friends?"

I looked at the three. "Kind of. The twins are Hikaru and Kaoru. And the other one is my classmate Tamaki. Also, he's the annoying president of the club I'm in, which I told you about."

"Annoying?", Tamaki gasped shocked as a dark piano tone underlined his pain. Slowly the blonde boy turned towards the cause of the tone. "Misuzu, please don't add any sound effects to my moment of despair."

...

Misuzu gave me a break so I could sit with Mason at a table to talk with him. "I haven't seen you for a while now.", I commented.

"Yeah. Since I travel with my parents all the time, I thought I could ask your father if I could stay with your family during summer break to see you again, but then he told me you would stay in Japan this vacation.", Mason told me.

"Sorry, if I would have known that I would have come back to America this summer.", I apologized.

"No worries.", Mason waved it off. "My parents allowed me to stay here on my own for the summer, so I could see you."

"That's nice of them. I should thank them the next time I see them.", I smiled at him.

"So, how's Ouran treating you? Do you keep in touch with your sister?", Mason asked me.

I looked down sadly at my drink and answered. "Not really. But what about you? Are you okay?", I changed the topic fast.

3rd Reader's Pov.

"So, then he's a friend of (y/n)'s from America.", noted Kyoya as Tamaki filled him and Honey and Mori in as soon as they arrived.

The host club boys were sitting at another table, watching them as the twins were by the bar.

"They've had zero contact since she got to Ouran. So, in my opinion they're not friends just acquaintances.", Hikaru spoke up.

Mason looked up towards the boys, sitting a little farther away. "So these guys are all in a club with you."

"Yeah, a Host club.", affirmed (y/n)

"Oh, is that so?", Mason raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "I can't imagine you as a host. You probably scare all of your customers away."

(y/n) hit his shoulder jokingly. "Don't underestimate me. I'm an amazing host."

"Hey, (y/n)!", Hikaru caught her attention, raising his glass. "Don't you think you should help Haruhi and go to work? You shouldn't be slacking off!"

The (h/c) haired girl gave him a stern expression. "Misuzu said I can take a break. Ask Haruhi if you want something."

"Wow, seems like you're close. Who'd have known that you could make friends in Ouran.",
Mason spoke to (y/n) again.

"And you're underestimating me again." (y/n) noted.

"To be honest with you, (n/n), I was worried that you were gonna have a hard time going to Ouran and interacting with the people there. I'm glad to see you're doing well.", Mason smiled at her and (y/n) returned the smile.

Hikaru narrowed his eyes at Mason as he watched them. "What's with him? He's trying to use the refreshing innocence approach. Someone should tell him we already had a refreshment contest."