Reaction

There was nothing but silence and I wished Daryl would just talk! We continued to track the deer, that was a couple miles away from camp. "Do you think we will find a safe place?" I questioned as we stepped over fallen leaves and damp twigs. "As long as yer with me you're safe." He told me. "I know that, but we need to find someplace we haven't for MONTHS now!" I exclaimed and he stopped. "Ya and we probably won't find any." He hissed. "Daryl what is wrong?" I asked him. "Look I ain't got time to wait for hope or an angel to come. All I care about is keeping you and the baby why the hell isn't that enough!" He spat. "It is but-" he cut me off. "Lets just hunt the food and head back. I raised my bow and shot the deer that was a distance away. We walked over to it and retrieved the arrows. Daryl nodded at me and we started dragging the deer back to camp.

    it was dark and the fire was calling and burning in the night. We sat around and ate the deer. I only had a small portion, because I didn't want the others to suffer. "Here." Daryl said passing me his share. "No!" I replied, he put the plate in my hands and I set it on my lap. I took a big piece then passed it back to him. He continued eating and the rest of the group looked at me quizzically. Shaking my head Daryl got up and walked a distance away to take watch.

 Everyone was talking amongst themselves giving me the time to get up and go see Daryl. "It's a beautiful night." I said as I came up beside him. "It is." He replied, slinging his crossbow on his shoulder. I wrapped my arms around him and he returned it and kissed the top of my head. "Are ya alright?" He asked. "Daryl you're with me almost every second of the day, why do you continue to ask that?" He kissed me on the lips this time. "Because yer so damn confusing." I chuckled and shrugged. "Yeah but carrying a baby doesn't exactly help." He smiled but it faded as he looked over my shoulder. Curiously I turned and I saw Rick walking up to us. "You're pregnant?" 

           There was so much tension in the air I could've sliced it with a knife. "Look dad-" he cut me off and glared at Daryl and I. He breathed heavily and Daryl was getting pissed off. "You slept with my daughter? And got her knocked up in a fucking apocalypse?!" I had never seen my father so pissed off. Daryl didn't respond and let Rick vent which surprised me. "YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HER! Wynter why would you go through this remember what happened to your mother!" My father yelled and the group went into the semi truck away from us.  "THIS ISN'T YOUR DECISION IT'S MINE!" I yelled at my father. "You son of a bitch." My father growled and finally Daryl snap. "At least I'm staying and taking care of her!" My father breathed heavily and stepped closer. Rick swiftly connected his fist with Daryl's jaw. He stumbled back at first but regained his balance and growled fighting my father. 

     "Stop Daryl! Dad!" I screamed and grabbed onto my father's arm and pulled him away. His face was bloodied and Abraham and Glenn rushed over, and broke them up again when they tried to fight each other. Daryl breathed heavily and I rested my hands on his chest. "Calm down." I told him, he continued to breath heavily but it got better every second. My father scoffed and walked away. 

    I stood watch and I convinced Daryl that he could get some rest and I gazed up at the stars. It was a clear night and I paced back and forth. This is all my fault i fucked this up badly. Sighing I leaned against a tree. There was a twig snap and instinctively I held up my bow. I sighed in relief but it was replaced with a cold expression. My father came  and rested his hand on my shoulder. I shook him off and he sighed. "I'm sorry Wynter I acted like that. I'm scared as hell. I'm scared to lose you. All I have is you, children and just the thought of losing you I can't. Daryl feels the same way he doesn't want to lose you that's why he is protective. Forgive me."  Sighing I rolled my eyes and embraced him. "Did you talk to Daryl I asked. He wrapped his arms around me and I looked up at him.  "Yeah, it was a long talk though." I chuckled. "Sounds a lot like Daryl." I smiled and he returned it. "I love you so much." He told me and sighed. "You having a kid makes me feel so old." I giggled and kissed him on the cheek. He let go of me and went back to sleep. 

    Daryl's P.O.V. 

       Wynter smiled at me as she held our child in her hands. She looked back down at our child and I walked over to them. I held the child in my arms and cradled the child. When I looked back up again Wynter's face was bloodied and she had bite marks on her and walkers were behind her! "Take care of the baby!" She said softly before she got torn apart and the baby started crying. 

      I awoke abruptly and looked beside me to see Wynter sleeping beside me. Sighing in relief I put the blanket on top of her fragile body and she stirred in her sleep. A strand of hair fell on her face and I moved it to behind her ear. I would do whatever it takes to make sure Wynter and our child safe. Sighing I laid back down and wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer to me and slowly I managed to fall asleep