People and shelter

Wynter’s P.O.V.

        The next morning I was greeted with congratulations and ‘oh my gosh you’re having a kid?!’ Ignoring all of it I approached Carl and Hunter. “Hey do you guys need anything while we go on a run?” I questioned and they exchanged glances before shaking their head. “Wynter we’re going on the run with you, Daryl and Abraham.” I gave them a quizzical look. They can’t be serious; Rick wouldn’t let them go did he? “Carl did Dad say that you guys were going with us?” I asked them staring at both of them. “Yeah even go ask him Wynter, it’s time we start helping around here anyway.”  Hunter replied and put her pistol in her holster. Carl nodded and straightened out his hat. “Okay you can come and while we’re there we should see if there is anything to keep you and the other younger ones occupied. Please Carl and Hunter  be nice to April she’s still mourning.” I told them they nodded. “Wait April still ain’t talking?” Daryl startled me as he came up behind me. “No she hasn’t said a word in a couple of days now. And even before that she only said a sentence a day.” In the distance she sat on the vehicle hood and stared off in the distance blankly. Shaking my head I ran a hand through my hair before I nodded and we started walking down the road, since we ran out of fuel.

          We had been walking for about an hour now, and Hunter had to stop a couple times. Her leg still wasn’t quite healed yet. Finally we made our way to a gas station that had a hotel beside it. “Hey we might be able to bring the group here.” Hunter suggested as we approached the nice hotel. Sure it had blood and bodies, and debris near it but on the inside it was beautiful. Tiled floors, beige walls, and marble counters a couple chairs beside a fireplace, and the gold decorations and vases it was just beautiful. It felt kind of homey in a way. I walked down the corridor and I looked through the glass windows at the pool. I chuckled drily as a walker thrashed its arms trying to get out of the water, but failed. He stared at us and tried to reach us but of course he couldn’t. Shaking my head we continued on and reached the stairs. We climbed the steps and walked down a countless amount of corridors. “Let’s start looking through these rooms. We began kicking the doors open and scanning the room for anything useful. The beds were surprisingly very clean considering the sheets hadn’t been changed in about two years.

          I held up my pistol and kicked open a door only to come face to face with a gun pointed at my head. I stared at the people in front of me. There was a boy April’s age and then there was a boy about my age, and he was holding on to a girl that looked like she was 3. “Get the hell out of here.” The oldest growled as he put the boy behind him. Staring at the man’s emerald eyes I put my gun in my holster. He looked at me with shock and his hands were shaky. “You’re not going to shoot me. So put the gun down.” I said. Daryl had his crossbow raised at the 3 and I sent him a warning look. The man put his gun down and shook his head. “I’m sorry I thought you were going to kill us.” He replied still staring at Daryl’s crossbow wide eyed. Finally he lowered his crossbow and I examined them. They all were very pale, but had similar features. They all had a bleach blonde hair and they had wide emerald eyes. The little girl laughed and smiled at me. She had some missing teeth and I grinned. “I’m Rose.” She stated reaching to touch a piece of my auburn hair. “I’m Chase this is my brother Cole.” The oldest introduced us to them. They were both scrawny and scared as hell. They were your stereotypical ‘nerds.’ “We need supplies that’s why we came, we didn’t know there was anyone here.” I explained. He grinned and shrugged. “Take as much as you need.” Carl and Hunter came beside us as we were talking. “I tell you what. We’ll offer you protection from walkers in exchange for shelter.” I said. Chase thought for a moment and examined our features before responding. “Alright go get your group. You can take our cars there out in the back of the hotel.” Extending his hand I shook it. “Deal.”

         Maybe this group could be useful SOMEHOW.  

        A/N~ HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER DO YOU THINK THIS PLACE IS SKETCHY??? OR NO??