Too Soon

The next few days were very uneventful and quite frankly lonely as hell. Almost everyone was gone on a supply run and Daryl was gone hunting for a few days. My guess is he probably wouldn’t be back for a few more. Carl and Hunter were here with me and so was Judith Maggie and Carol. While Carl, Maggie and Carol were downstairs I was busy feeding Judith while Hunter watched beside me amused. I cradled her in my arms as I fed her the formula. Swaying back and forth I smiled down at my little sister. “Can I hold her?” Hunter asked as she stared at the child. “Of course.” Passing her over gently to Hunter I stood over by the bookshelf and watched. Any day now i would be holding my child in my arms and protect my precious child at any cost. Leaving my thoughts, hunter smiled and motioned me over. “Yes?” I asked and she put Judith back in the crib. “When am I allowed going on runs I mean Carl and I are going to be 15 soon. So shouldn’t we be allowed?” She asked and cocked her gun. “Yes you will but for now you and Carl are on watch duty and maybe I can talk to Daryl and see if he wants to take you hunting?” She grinned. “That would be good because picking berries and on watch duty isn’t very fun after a while.” Nodding I went out of the room and I heard the door slam. “What’s wrong?” I asked concern evident in my voice with my gun in ready.

   Carl and Carol and Maggie didn’t respond and they started loading their guns and pushing all the chairs towards the door. There was a lot of moans and hisses and I moved the curtain just so I could see. There was a herd outside the door and I began to panic. My heart raced and I stepped back. “We won’t be able to hold them off, by ourselves. We need the others!” Hunter exclaimed as she stepped away from the rattling door. “We’ll manage!” Maggie replied and had a rifle in hand. I felt pain and I held onto my stomach. They started rushing and shooting at walkers from the windows and I tried to help but I couldn’t. “Guys!” I tried to yell but they couldn’t hear me over the gunfire. “GUYS!!” I yelled and they all turned to me. “The walkers aren’t the only problem here.” They looked at me quizzically and Maggie came over. There was some water underneath where I was standing and Maggie looked at me in fear with a mix of shock. “Wynter’s water just broke.” My heart skipped a beat and i shook my head as Maggie laid me down. "No NO No It can't be not now Daryl's not even here this is too soon-" Maggie cut me off. "Wynter look at me!" I looked at her with fear and she stared at me. "You have to deliver this baby and you have to deliver it now." Gulping i took a deep breath and nodded. "You will make it out of this i promise." She responded before i clutched onto the railing and Maggie nodded at me to proceed with delivering the child.

A/N-Kind of an emotional rollercoaster ride. Anyway sad chapter and yeah.... cliffhanger. Haha thanx for reading!

   Rick’s P.O.V.

   We continued to travel and Daryl was at the front, holding his crossbow close to him. We came to a halt as we saw a big store and the sign was half lit and the rest of the letters I couldn’t make out. Looking toward the door there was bloody handprints on one of the window. Daryl got the door open and I went in first having my revolver in hand. “Alright gather what we need. If you get into trouble holler. The others will come running.” They nodded in response and we scattered all over the store. I travelled down several aisles before I came to the baby department. Daryl was scanning over things and I chuckled. He swiftly turned and looked at me as I came beside him. “What do you think the baby?” He questioned running his hand through his hair. You could tell he was new at this but he was trying. “Get the baby a toy, and something that the baby will have for a while.” I was about to leave when I turned around again. “Oh and Daryl. You will make a great father. You’re the best for my daughter and the best for you and Wynter’s child.” He managed to smile a bit and I smiled before walking away and headed toward the formula aisle. There was a photo album and a wedding ring that looked like Lori’s. My mind drifted to her and I sighed. Some days I was fine and other days I was completely crushed and lost without her. Images of Wynter ending up like her mother flashed through my mind and I shook my head stumbling back. A hand rested on my shoulder and I turned to see Michonne. She had concern written all over her face and I stared into her chocolate eyes. “Are you alright?” She asked, as she took her hand off of my shoulder. “Yeah I just worry for Wynter that she’ll suffer the same fate as Lori. If I lose Wynter too…” She cut me off and nodded. “Hey nothing bad will happen to Wynter. “Now let’s get Judith and Wynter’s baby something.” Nodding I walked away from the satin white photo album and the golden ring.

     Daryl’s P.O.V.

    I scanned all of the toys and I picked up a grey wolf stuffed animal with black eyes and marks on its face. It had white paws that looked like a bundle of snow. On the tag it said it was a build-a-bear. There was a whole shelf of them. Last time I checked you got the animals from build a bear workshop. ‘Thank you hunter for the conversation about stuffed animals.’ Sighing I took the wolf and then a brown teddy bear that had black eyes and had a thin line curved into a smile. There was a toy that was a Xylophone only it was for babies. Putting them in a bag I walked away towards the group. Glenn smiled and held in a laugh. “The hell are you lookin’ at?” I barked and he held up his hands in defense. “Nothing I just never knew you were that soft and kind to get stuffed animals and baby toys.” Glenn said, and I glared. “Shut the hell up. Besides it’s for Skylar.” I responded. Everyone looked at me quizzically then their lips curved into a smile. “That’s what you’re calling the child? You think it’s a girl?” Rick asked. “Yeah.” I replied ready to end this conversation. “That’s a good name. What’s her full name?” Glenn asked and I looked at him, before replying. “Skylar Electra Constance Clementine Dixon.” Glenn stumbled back dramatically. “Damn that is a lot of names.” He responded. “Wynter and I came up with so shut it china man.” I responded. “I’m turning into a damn softy.” I mumbled as I walked out the door. For once though I wouldn’t admit it to anyone, I didn’t mind being a softy. Putting the baby’s stuff in the truck I got on a motorcycle and revved up the engine before speeding off with the group in tow.

    Wynter’s P.O.V.

   The pain was excruciating and it might have been more painful than being torn apart by flesh eating walkers. Carol and Maggie were helping me delivering the baby while Carl and Hunter were fighting off walkers. “Okay push.” Maggie told me before I nodded and took a deep breath. Pushing with all my might I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming. Maggie had her eyes on me and I looked at her. “You’re doing great Wynter only a few more.” Nodding I continued proceeding and Carl and hunter continued to shoot walkers. My vision started to get blurry and I became light headed but I continued doing what I needed to do.

    Daryl’s P.O.V.

 We rushed outside and killed every walker that was outside the house. I heard the sound of a baby crying and we went inside to see that Carol was holding a newborn baby while Maggie was trying to get Wynter… to breathe again. I dropped the bad with the toys and stared at the beautiful girl in front of me. Then I looked at Wynter’s frail body. My heart stopped for a moment. Maggie continued to try to make Wynter breathe again. I knelt beside Wynter and Rick and Carl’s face fell. Maggie stopped and got up. “What the hell are you doing?!” I yelled angrily. “Daryl she’s gone!” She whispered and I kicked over a chair. “No! She can’t be dead!” Rick yelled as tears threatened to spill. There were tears pricking in my eyes and I knelt beside her. “Check her pulse!” I demanded. Everyone declined and stood around her body and me. She was gone. It was all my damn fault.

Wynter's P.O.V. (You're welcome :)