Fatally Unexpected.

My muscles ached as I stretched and arose from the hard bed Daryl and I had slept in last night. Running a hand through my knotred hair i put it up in a messy bun and I gasped in shock as lips came into contact with my shoulder. I relaxed instantly as soon asi realized it was Daryl. He began rubbing my shoulders; he was giving a massage to me."Thank You." He just nodded. We're going out for a hunt before we go back to camp." He mumbled into my neck as he kissed me softly.Visions of death made me stumble back and Daryl caught me before I fell. He frowned and took my hand as we walked out the door with our weapons. 

   My mind was completely in a different world. The leaves crunched under the weight of our combat boots, and leaves continued to fall. Winter was coming fast, and none of us would be ready for it. Winter was tge worst time of yea;with the bitter cold, counless amounts of snow fall. The ice could trip you as walkers chased after you. Skylar loved the winter and playing outside but she would always have to be around and adult.

    Daryl walked ahead of me and looked at some deer tracks before he veered off. Running quickly I caught up to him and he glanced at me before putting his hands over my eyes. "What are you doing?!" I exclaimed. "Just keep walking." He said. Hesitantly I obeyed as his hands continued to cover my eyes. 

   After what seemed like forever we came to a halt. "Close your eyes." He demanded before he shuffled away. He began moving branches and twigs. What the hell is he doing?? Slowly i began to get anxious and he grasped onto my hand. Leaves brushed my shoulders as we walked and he stopped us. "Open." I opened my eyes and gasped in awe. The sound of water rushing caused me to turn where i saw a waterfall pouring down into a lake at the bottom. Trees and bushes surrounded the area and to the side there was a small meadow. I embraced Daryl tightly. Pressing my lips to his he kissed back with passion. I pulled away and chuckled as he frowned. "Why did you bring me here. I love it and all I just wondered why." He stared into my blue eyes for a moment before looking up at me. "To get yer mind off stuff. Death come and goes. Ya can't be afraid of it." He responded. "Its not that I'm afraid of death. I'm afraid of you, Skylar, Carl, Hunter. Our group dying." He wrapped his arms around me and i laid my head on his chest. "They're not going anywhere and neither are you." He smiled and I kissed him again.

   There was an apple tree beside the pool of water. We picked 2 for each of us and sat against a tree as we ate the apples. Even though the apple was small, and wouldnt satisfy our hunger it was the most delicious thing I've had in a while. 

   After we feasted I stood up and walked over to the pool of water. "What are you doing?" He asked getting up and followed behind me. Turning back to him I smiled. "Going for a swim!" I dove underneath the water; the water consumed me and when i resurfaced my clothes were drenched. "C'mon." I motioned with my arm for him to come into the water. The water was cold but it was bearable and a refreshment to my ached muscles. I moved my auburn hair back away from my eyes and Daryl reluctantly went in the water. He had his shirt off and I stared at his perfect body. He smirked when he caught me staring and I turned away from him. 

  I stood underneath the waterfall and ran my figures through my hair. Daryl wrapped his arms around me. I glanced back at him and smiled. He smiled against my neck and left feathery kisses. Smirking I kissed him with passion and our tongues duelled for dominance. We pulled away breathlessly in the water and i snaked my arms around his neck. Our foreheads pressed against each other. "I love you." I breathed out. "I love you too." He whispered before we shared a long deep kiss. 

                Wynter’s P.O.V.

        Today was my little girl’s birthday. It was amazing how many years have passed since all of this started. When the dead started to roam the earth. It was hard to remember what it was like to live in complete peace; the sound of 747 Jets. When all citizens felt protected by the government and the police. Now adays the only people that you could rely on was your group members. There were rumors that they were working on a cure still in the East. Hopefully this is true, maybe my little girl could have a childhood like I used to. Where she was safe.
  I put the angel wing necklace in a black box with another necklace that had an arrow. Daryl had gotten her a leather jacket for her and Rick and Carl got her candy and books. Maggie got her a music player that was solar powered. It had all the songs that I used to sing to Skylar before she went to bed. Hunter, Dakota MacIsaac and Carol got her a camera.  I got her the necklace and I got her a husky puppy that I found on a run. The puppy was hard to keep a secret but Daryl and I managed to.  The puppy had one blue eye and a right brown eye.

        Skylar was now seven today on November 15th. She had grown into a strong girl. She was so precious and Beautiful and although she was aware of the world we lived in (as much as I hated that she was aware of the cruel world) she always tried to make everything sound positive. Her icy blue eyes flickered with sparks and she always had a vibrant smile that lit up the room. Smiling I grabbed the black box and grabbed the leather jacket.

        Daryl had taken Skylar away to go swimming for half an hour while we got the presents and cooked the food. All of us exchanged smiles as Daryl and Skylar approached the camp. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” We all said in unison. Skylar had a smile plastered on her face as Daryl held her hand and guided her through the lit lanterns that were in two rows that made a walkway. Maggie put a flower In Skylar’s hair and she turned to me. “I love you all.” She responded, overcome with joy. “Here you got to try this.” Carl held out a chocolate bar; skor bar. She eyed the chocolate bar quizzically and skeptically; earning a laugh from the whole group. “Here” He broke off a piece and she ate it slowly. Her eyes widened as she began to eat it. “Oh my gosh this tastes awesome!” She yelled. Chucking I picked my daughter up and carried her inside the house where there was food and her presents from us. She opened her presents and claimed she loved all of them. She put on all the stuff she could wear and stuffed the I-pod in her leather jacket pocket and she scarfed down as much candy as she could before I and Daryl scolded her.

            The stars illuminated the night along with the lanterns and silence was among us. Skylar had taken lots of pictures of the group and she even took a few selfies. Slightly rolling my eyes Maggie turned on the music; slow music. Slowly Rick got up to dance with Michonne, Hunter and Carl followed them and Daryl extended his hand out. “Care to dance?” He asked. Smiling he held me close to him; both hands on my waist and my arms snaked around his neck. We swayed back and forth, leaning in for a couple kisses. “I love ya.” He said. “I love you too.” I replied. We were about to kiss again when Skylar tugged on Daryl’s pants. “Will you dance with me daddy?” She asked. My heart melted as Daryl nodded and they began dancing slowly. He let her step on his feet as he spun her around and swayed her back and forth. She smiled brightly and giggled.

The moment didn’t last long as shrill cries and a chorus of moans and groans were heard. We all shared panicked glances and Rick held a firm stare. “We make our way up to the vehicles grab the supplies quickly!” He shouted. Quickly grabbing Skylar I stuffed her presents in her backpack and she put it on.