Distance

Hunter's P.O.V.

  The light blinded me as Glenn opened the door to the vehicle. "Are you feeling alright?" He asked comcerned. "I've been better." He smiled and nodded. "Are the others back?" The smile faded and he ran a hand through his hair. "thing is they havent been back for about 4 days. Skylar cries through the night and quite frankly is making all of us worried. i mean I'm sure they're alright but-" I cut him off. "Okay. Check on Skylar. Carl and Rick asked please." i said with a sigh. He slolwy nodded and shut the door as i sat up. "Son of a bitch." I cursed wincing. The bullet was still stuck inside me and i took a deep breath. I cut open my stomach and bit my lip to stop myself from screaming. Grabbing tweezers I reached for the bullet. I screamed in agony bur managed to get the bullet out. A pool of blood was in front of me and I staggered out of the Vehiclw. "Oh My God what the hell?!?!" Glenn and Maggie helped me stand up. "Carol!" Maggie yelled. Carol raced up to us holding onto Skylar's hand. She managed to keep up and she gasped as she saw blood. "Is mommy or daddy back?!" She asked quietly. Everyone went silent and i looked at her. She began to cry and i knelt down despite the fact that it hurt like heĺl. Tears streamed down her face and i wiped one away. "Hey your mom and Dad will come back don't worry about them. Now wipe those pretty little tears away and go see what Abraham is up too." She nodded vigorously and hugged me. "Bye Auntie." She whispered before leaving.

   I stopped for a moment before looking at Glenn and Maggie quizzically. They helped me up ans Carol motioned me to sit up. She poured rubbing alcohol on my wound which hurt like hell and wrapped gauze around my stomach.

    Wynter's P.O.V.  

   I breathed heavily and I tried not to wince or move as Dakota stitched me up. She had finished getting the spear out not long ago and she got up washing her hands. "I'm glad your husband was here with you." She told me. Looking at her quizzically she turned around wiping her hands with a towel. "If he wasn't here you would have died. He needed to give a couple blood transfusions." She replied. I sat up ignoring the pain in my side. "Where is he?!" She rested a hand on his shoulder. "He's up in the cabin sleeping you might want to wait!" I ignored her suggestion and staggered up the hill from the shore and up towards the cabin. A hand snaked around my waist and I turned to see an unfamiliar. Pushing him back roughly he stumble back. "Who are you?!" I yelled. He held his hands up in defence. "My name is MacIsaac son of Dakota and Jacob. You're Wynter yes?" He held out a Han and cautiously I shook it. He chuckled in response and slowly wrapped his arm around my waist and slung my arm over his shoulders. "Don't worry I'm just helping you." We walked well he walked I staggered to the cabin. He opened the door where Carl,Rick,Michonne sat eating fish with a fire going while Daryl stood up leaning against the wall. He came forward and sent a warning look to MacIsaac who stood back and nodded before leaving. He helped me get to one of the 5 bedrooms in the cabin and I slumped against the wall. He was about to leave when I pulled him back. I brought my lips to his and kissed him passionately. "Are you alright?" I asked. "Mhm" he mumbled, and I slowly nodded before pressing my lips onto his again. "Are the others here?" I asked hopeful but he shook his head. "No I'm going with Carl and Michonne to bring the group here." He told me and I nodded. 

  My heart sank as I knew I would be away from Skylar and I was worried as hell afraid something might happened to her. All night I stayed up having nightmares about something bad happening to her and Daryl having to comfort me. I was an emotional mess right now. I laid back down with Daryl's arms gently wrapped around my waist.  I sighed and he looked at me. "What's wrong." He asked. "I'm coming with you."  I stated and he looked at me like I was crazy. "You ain't going you just had blood transfusions and were unconscious a couple days ago!" He whisper shouted. "Daryl we need to get Skylar I need to go. I sure as hell don't need permission I'm not asking." I told him and he ran his hand through his hair. "Yer so damn stubborn." He sighed and I smirked. "Aren't all Dixon's?" A small smile crept to his lips but the smile didn't last long. "Won't you be in pain? Why would you want to be in pain? Ya could rip one of yer stitches." He pointe out the obvious reading of why it was a bad idea. "Pain makes you stronger. Strong is what you need to have in this world. And I'm a mother Skylar's mother. She's not your child you know. And I don't care what it takes or whatever happens to me I need to know  she's safe Daryl." He nodded in understanding. "I do too. Don't worry about her. She will be safe when we get back I promise." He kissed me on the top of my head and I snuggled closer to him. We both fell asleep, at almost dawn.