Lost and found

Daryl was trying the best he could to help my brother but even it didn’t get us very far. He mumbled a curse and Rick slammed his fist against the wall. “Dad, Carl will be alright he has to be.” I replied, resting my hand on his shoulder. “Ya know he ain’t letting us go. He wants a girl too ya know that right?” My father paused before nodding. “Yeah I know.” Slowly I sat down beside Daryl who had his head hung his head. Placing two fingers underneath his chin I made him face me. “Hey we’ll get out of this.” He slowly nodded and brushed his lips against mine. Our lips moved in sync and he slid his tongue in my mouth and my father cleared his throat. Daryl pulled away and I blushed, I guess I forgot about this disastrous situation. “I don’t mind if you’re with… my daughter… Daryl but… don’t show your desire for each other in front of anyone or even Carl.” He said, which we both blushed in response. I sighed as my mind became crystal clear with reality and I held onto Carl’s hand. “Did they say they were going to heal Carl?” I asked with hope visible in my voice. “They said they will.” Michonne responded as she rested her hand on his forehead. “He’s burning up luckily it’s almost nightfall. Who’s the girl that’s going with Negan?” the room fell silent and we all looked down.

         “I cou-“Before I could finish Daryl and my father cut me off. “HELL NO! ARE YOU INSANE?!” They shouted and I ran my hand through my hair. “We aren’t giving him any women. We’re going to pretend to do it. We’ll escape but before that we’ll take our supplies and get the hell out of here. This is the plan.”  My father explained. “What about Carl?” I asked. “We’ll take care of him. Maggie knows medical training and so does Carol.” Daryl replied grasping onto my hand; reassuring me.

     The door opened and all of our group was in the room as us. We gasped as we saw each other’s states. Hunter rushed over to Carl and embraced him. He was still unconscious and his breathing was slow. “I assume you have agreed with my offer so hand all of it over.” Mumbling curses we threw all of our supplies at us and he smirked. “Now for the girl… I want… Her.” My heart skipped a beat when he pointed at me and Daryl put me behind him and growled. “Ya ain’t getting anywhere near her.” My father held Carl in his arms. Our expressions were cold, and we stood side by side, as Negan and his men came closer. They were about to get ahold of our weapons when Daryl punched the guy getting hid crossbow and held it in ready position. Before the others could react we held our weapons at ready. Negan drew out his gun and his crew men did too. Negan shot first and before I knew it bullets were flying everywhere. “GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS PLACE NO MATTER WHAT!” My father shouted over the constant sound of gunfire. Daryl led me toward the nearest window. I was going to jump out when he pulled me back. I looked at him quizzically as he shot a man and then I realized. Walkers were filing in from every exit and door. “Shit.” Daryl cursed as we tried to find an exit. More walkers came through and I got out my gun and shot them in the heads. One after one they came and collapsed like dominoes. Daryl pulled me close to him, making sure I was by his side as he shot down a couple of walkers. Cursing I reloaded my gun and started shooting as the group was behind us now. We walked backward as we shot and we ran down the steps. Daryl kicked a door open and we rushed out of the hotel.

         There were screams throughout the building and gunshots flew. Negan and his men were close behind us. “Get to the cars!” My father demanded we made our way toward Daryl’s motorcycle and he revved up the engine. Hopping on I glanced back and he sped off without waiting for the group. “Daryl stop!” I yelled over the roaring engine. “We can’t go back the place is overrun!” He replied speeding up. “Daryl that’s the group!” I yelled. “Yeah and we’ll meet up with ‘em I had to get you out of there.” My heart raced as I feared for the group. “Turn around!” I yelled. He stopped miles away and I got off the bike. “What are you doing?” He yelled as I started walking away. “Going to the group I’ll find them there.” He gripped onto my wrist and spun me around. I beat on his chest as tears threatened to spill. “YOU SON OF A BITCH THAT’S MY FAMILY THAT’S THE GROUP!” I shouted. He gripped onto my wrists so I couldn’t hit him anymore. “HEY THEY’LL FIND US. I HAD TO GET YOU OUT OF THERE! Stupid bitch….” He mumbled the last part and he stormed up to his motorcycle leading me behind. “No I’m staying here till they get back!” I protested getting out of his grip. “HOW LONG ARE YA PLANNING ON WAITING. THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF GEEKS! THEY’RE MOST LIKELY DEAD ANYWAY!” I gasped and his expression was cold. “They’re not dead! Look I’m begging you let’s just go back.” I could tell he was thinking about the options. “There isn’t anything left but a graveyard.” He replied as he revved up the engine. He sighed and I could tell he was still pissed at me. Although I was as pissed off as he was. “Let’s go. We ain’t got all day.” Hopping on he turned around. We have to find them.