Blood Fest

Wynter’ P.O.V

  More walkers had managed to find me, most likely from my scent. They lunged themselves at me, but luckily I was fast enough to dodge them. My heart raced and I was full of fear. How I wished Daryl was by my side, now. By now I was miles from camp, and had no idea where the hell I was. Glancing back there was over a dozen walkers onto my trail. They moaned and hissed trying to get a piece of my flesh. In the distance I could make out a place for shelter. A gunshot rang out and I turned around to see a walker fall limp on the ground. What the hell? A figure wore a black sweat shirt, black jeans, and black shoes. They had their hood up so I couldn’t make out there face. The person continued to shoot and I stared at the person in awe. The figure gripped onto me tightly and I tried to break free but I couldn’t. They lead me into the house and shut the door taking off their hoodie it revealed Hayden. “What the hell are you doing out here?” I exclaimed. He silenced me, and disappeared for a moment into the kitchen and then came out with some water. “After ember and I went searching for supplies we decided to see if we could find anything here. We found this place and it was fully stashed almost like a safe house. My sister Ember… she got bit while we were fighting off walkers. I put her down…” He trailed off and I looked at him sympathetically. “Thank you for saving my life.” I replied and he nodded while smiling. “You’re welcome. Besides I wouldn’t want to explain to Daryl how I killed his wife by not saving her. That’s an automatic death sentence.” I chuckled at his response and shrugged. “I’m sorry for your loss.” I said as I hugged him. He hugged back and smiled weakly. “She doesn’t have to see this… world anymore and she doesn’t have to be afraid. I’m glad for that. Ember saved my life just like how I saved yours….” He shook his head and looked down. “Hey it’s not your fault.” I reassured him and he nodded.

“You should get some rest. I’ll be here when you awake. Then I will go find Daryl and bring him to you.” He told me. “No it’s fine I’ll come with you.” He shook his head. “Nonsense don’t be stupid. I promise I will bring your husband to you.” I smiles. “Thank you, but I can-“He cut me off. “Wynter. Daryl won’t allow it. He wants you safe which is what I’ll do.” Sighing I nodded and he gave me a blanket. “Why are you helping me?” I questioned. He stared at me for a moment. “Because I know you would help me. Plus you’re pregnant. I may not talk a lot but I sure as hell aint a jackass.” Smiling lightly I laid down and wrapped the blanket around me.

   Daryl’s P.O.V.

        I slammed my fist against a tree, in frustration and anger. I had been looking for a 2 days and I lost her damn trail. How had managed to lose her trail. There’s gotta be one somewhere. Growling in frustration I started following a random trail that had tracks. There was a lonesome walker and I pulled out my bowie knife from my belt loop. It groaned and I stabbed it sending it down to the ground. I continued to stab it as it hissed, taking my anger out on the monster. The kind that separated me and my family. Getting up I kicked the walker and from the corner of my eye I saw a figure. Turning I saw Hayden! “The hell are ya doin’ out here?” He stared at me his expression serious. “Daryl I know where Wynter is.” He told me and my heart skipped a beat. “Where the hell is she?! Take me to her now!” I gripped onto the collar of his shirt and he glared. “I’ll take you there come on.” Grabbing my knife he started to walk through the woods and i followed behind him. She better not be hurt and alive.

              Wynter’s P.O.V.

I had been waiting for about a day now and it was so cold in the house. The house that looked like a cabin was so spacious and it was a constant reminder of how far away I was from the group; my family. There was a hand gun in the kitchen so I went over and put it in my holster. The door was rattling and slowly I turned to see walkers burst through the door. The gunfire was too loud I knew that and I had to reach for the knife up on top of the counter. Cowering behind the counter in the center of the kitchen my breathing hitched in my throat. A decaying corpse; A woman with half her hair missing and a hole in her chest, walked slowly and sniffed the air. She was trying to locate where I was; her next meal. My gun was in one hand and my other hand was on my mouth to stop myself from screaming or making any noise.

With no weapons and nowhere to run I felt completely terrified. I had to reach that knife without making a sound, which would be hard as hell since the floor creaked with every step. I extended my arm and tried to reach it, I just touched it, when I pushed it further back. ‘Shit’ I cursed mentally and slowly walked closer to the counter.  A pot dropped on the floor and I gasped, quickly I grabbed the knife and walkers filed into the cabin. There were a hell of a lot more than a dozen and I cursed. “Come here you son of a bitches.” I yelled, stabbing one in the eye. It hissed once more before falling limp. The walkers kept piling on and I couldn’t keep track of all of them. I pulled out the gun and squeezed the trigger and the gunshot rang out. Blood was now all over the floor and it looked like a blood fest. The smell was awful as I continued to kill the decaying corpses. There was still a dozen walkers and I continued to shoot. A walker was close to me and i pulled the trigger but no gunshot came. Cursing I was pushed up against the wall by 5 walkers.

Daryl’s P.O.V.

“How far?” I questioned eager to get to Wynter. “Not that far it’s over there.” He pointed in the distance. Nodding I picked up the pace when a gunshot rang out and there was a blood curdling scream. Not just any scream Wynter’s scream. “C’MON!” I shouted as we ran towards the scream. When we got to the house there was blood all over and walkers going through the doors of the house. I shot down a walker and his another with the top of my crossbow. Hayden shot the walkers and I saw Wynter pressed up against the wall with a few walkers on her. They gnashed their teeth together and I stabbed one in the head giving her enough time to shoot a walker with her pistol then I killed the last one. Retrieving my arrows I wiped the blood off on my pants. Arms wrapped around me and Wynter held me close. Returning the gesture I kissed her on the forehead. “You scared the hell out of me.” I told her and she nodded burying her face into my chest. “I was scared. I’m sorry. I just wanted to do something. You were being a little too over protective. I’m sorry.” She whispered. I wasn’t even thinking about her sneaking off, all I could think about is how I almost lost her. “Shit happens when I don’t protect ya. I ain’t letting ya die just ‘cause I decided to not watch over ya.” I responded and she looked up at me and motioned to Hayden who was standing in the doorway. Sighing I turned to him. “Thank you.” He grinned and nodded. “Alright we should be able to get back before the sun goes down.” I nodded and grasped onto Wynter’s hand. She smiled that beautiful smile of hers and we walked out of the blood fest.

        "Dad!" I exclaimed as I raced over and he wrapped his arms around me. Carl ran up and engulfed me in a hug. "What's up with you? Carl Grimes never hugs." He rolled his eyes. "You better enjoy it then." Smiling I hugged him tight before letting go. Daryl was standing there leaning against the door frame not even bothering to greet anyone. I smiled and exchanged a quick glance with Maggie and she ran over and hugged me. "I'm so glad you're safe!" She exclaimed. "ya we all are." He told her as he walked away from the crowd of people. "What's his problem?" Hunter asked crossing her arms. "He almost lost Wynter; who he loves more than anything. Give him some space. He doesn't know how to handle it properly just give him a bit of space." My father replied and she nodded before kissing Carl. He was taken aback at first but then kissed back and she pulled away, both blushing furiously.  

    Almost everyone was asleep, and I was sitting up reading a very interesting book. Carl found it and it was the history of music.  I was always fascinated with history while Carl couldn't stand it. It was my best class and so was music. I heard footsteps coming down the steps and I peered to see it was Daryl. Smiling lightly I went to go embrace him but he stepped back. Looking at him quizzically he wouldn't face me. " You should be in bed not reading a damn novel." He said still not facing me. Sighing I nodded finally obeying. " By the wway you can't sneak out and try to commit suicide because I'm on watch." He said bitterly still pissed about what happened earlier. I didn't necessarily blame him though. 

   trudging up the steps I sighed and laid down and fell asleep in the empty bed. 

   Daryl's P.O.V

        A/N~GUYS IT IS SUPPOSED TO END LIKE THIS THE CHAPTER WAS NOT CUT OFF