016. little sis

I haven't been hurt very much, physically. I never participated in any sports, never ran cross-country or played football. That explains why my bones feel like they are made of toothpicks and my skin made of paper, and it's why pedanticism is my only defense. Just like paper, I will crumble if handled roughly.

The most pain I've ever felt was the pains of my period. I had the worst cramps, so bad that I had to skip lectures because I couldn't even get up. Some days were endurable, tolerable, but today was not one of those days.

Joane finally came back after three days, Sebastian and I hung out a lot during those days. She was hanging out at some expensive club on 23rd street that was owned by her other rich friends. She checked in on us just to assure me that everything was fine, but I knew it wasn't because she still refused to acknowledge Sebastian as a human being. That's the only thing I didn't like about Joane, she reminded me of Tom and Daisy from The Great Gatsby. She would do reckless things just like them, and if things got too serious, she would retreat back into her money with her rich clothes and her rich friends - just like Tom and Daisy.

"Seb!" I yell, dragging out his name in a prolonged sentence to emphasize my need for him. He rushes in with a worried face. "What? What?" He asks in an antsy tone. "What's wrong?" He asks again, because i didn't answer the first time.

"I have cramps..." I slowly mutter out. He doesn't get it at first, so I shoot him a look. Still, Sebastian remained clueless. "I am...surfing the crimson wave." I admit. His blank face shifts into disgust, then concern.

"Okay...do you want to take something?"

I shake my head.

"Do you want a m-massage? Is that what you guys usually do?" He asks with rose-tinted cheeks.

Honestly, I didn't understand how he didn't know about all this. He was so much older than me. W

I scoff and shake my head faster. Sebastian stops himself for a moment and the gears turn in his mind. "Food?" I immediately perk up at the sound of that, and charge out of my bed. I almost forgot about my cramps. "Yes. Where? I checked an hour ago, there was nothing in my fridge."

He sighs deeply and closes his eyes, "I'll...get you some food."

-

Why was Sebastian being so nice? Maybe because I was on my period and he felt bad about it. Well, he should, right? Sebastian - men, in general, were so lucky not to have periods. The least they could do was buy us food.

We were on our way to the mall, the closest mall. Sebastian was driving and I was in the passenger's seat blasting music on my earphones.

"Are those airpods?" He asks me, breaking the silence. I nod, "Yeah. My parents got them for me last summer." I answer, taking out a pod out. He chuckles to himself, "Rich kids. Unlike you, I actually worked for mine."

I sink deeper into the seat, "Ugh...please. Don't call me a rich kid."

"But you are a rich kid."

"Yeah, I know." I admit briefly. "But you're like 3000 years old, of course you work for it!" I tease, a smirk playing on my lips. We finally get to the supermarket in the mall and I run for the candy aisle. I grab a couple of sour candies, chocolates, and taffy. I didn't want to get too much because I was afraid of gaining weight, but too late now. After the candy, I got the potato chips and then finally the ice cream. Sebastian was surprised at how fast I gathered my items, he had only managed to get himself a bottle of beer.

I took out my wallet to pay but a warm hand had stopped me. Sebastian held a long smile on his face, and my mouth was held agape in minor surprise.

"I got it."

I didn't like it when other people paid for my things, but I was willing to accept it for now. I was way too tired to argue at this point.

On the way home, we drove in silence for a long time.

"Hey." I finally said. He looked at me as if I broke a secret code. "I just wanted to say-..."

Spit it out, Kay!

"That I really appreciate you putting up with me." I admit, forcing a smile. Sebastian slowly formed a grin on his face. His cheeks were rosy pink again. "No problem. We have to look out for each other. I mean, you're like my little sister."

My smile slowly fell. Right, a little sister.