017. bestfriend

"You can't just ignore her forever, Seb." I tell him with a tired look. Sebastian sticks his nose up in the air and shakes his head. "Watch me." He replies, determined to ignore Joane like she didn't exist. I didn't understand why people did that to the ones they loved, if you're mad at them, why don't you just tell them? It's the same thing with having feelings for them, if you love them, just tell them. But, perhaps I was being a tad bit hypocritical in the second one. I had been in love with Josh for-literally-ever, and he still doesn't know.

"God, you're stupid." I mumble, leaning into my chair and flipping a page on my book. "And she doesn't even care that I'm mad!" He continues to vent. I sink deeper into the chair and roll my eyes, something small hits me on the nose.

Sebastian had thrown a cookie at me. "I saw that." He deadpans, causing me to chuckle. I hadn't heard from Josh in a couple of days, I don't know what was going on with him.

"Anything from Josh?" Sebastian asks, I shake my head. "Nope. I sent him a meme and he just sent me a laughing emoji." I reply, shrugging. He was probably doing one of his week-long gaming sessions. Sebastian chuckles, grabbing the book out of my hands, but he fails as the book drops to the floor with a 'thump'. "Hey!" I whine. He picks it up from the floor, "Call Me By Your Name." Sebastian reads the title out loud.

I stare at him to weird him out, but I am the one that's uncomfortable as he stares back with his beautiful blue eyes. Before he can react, I snap out of my daze and snatch the book back three times fast.

"What's it about?" He asks, annoying me yet again. I emphasize my loud sigh in an extra way, "These two guys fall in love. The end. Can I read now?" I focus back on my book. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Sebastian pout.

"There has to be more to the story. I mean, it's a love story, right?" He says, I nod slowly. Where was he going with this? "So, love stories are like- really complicated. Usually."

"Yeah," I interrupt. "They usually are. But this one's different. They just fall in love." He raises his eyebrows in surprise, but stays silent. I shake my head with a small smile on my face at his fascination.

"I wish it was that simple." He says to himself, probably not knowing that I heard him.

-

JOSH

Josh: Hey

Me: Hi

Josh: is sebastian still at ur house?

Me: yea, why?

Josh: oh, nevermind then. I was going to come over.

Me: I thought you guys were cool?

Josh: yeah, but you two are dating. I don't want to be a third wheel. LOL

Me: Who told u that?

Josh: Seb did. I'm really surprised that I wasn't the first one to hear about it. Thought we were supposed to be bestfriends lol.

Me: I meant to! I swear.

SEEN 4:23 PM

"Great." I mutter bitterly. Sebastian looks up from his phone as I toss mine away. "What?" He asks me. "Why'd you tell Josh we were dating?" I hiss, he laughs, but not because it was funny. "Um..I did tell you I was going to tell Joane and Josh. Didn't I?" He says in a bored tone. My eyes expand, "You told Joane?! Already?" Sebastian shakes his head no. "I haven't got around to it. I would if she'd talk to me. Well, you and I 'dating', it's not that big of a thing, is it?" He asks me expectantly. I nod, "It kinda is."

"Why?"

"Because you're you and I'm me."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know! It makes sense when I think about it. It's like sometimes I say something that kinda makes sense in my head. But when I say it out loud, no one gets it!" I whine. Sebastian stifles a snicker.

"I think that's everything you say, Kay."

I stick out my tongue playfully and blow a raspberry at him. I sink deeper into the couch, maybe to the point of dissapearing. "I'm so bored. And I still havent finished my psychology homework." I whine. "Me too, do you want to go out or something?" He asks. I think about it for a moment. A part of me wanted to be lazy, stay home, and watch movies. But I always did that, so maybe we should go out to eat.

"Sure. Where, though?" I reply. He shakes his head, "Literally anywhere. My friend, Chris, from work, keeps teasing me because I hang out with kids like you. Sooo, do you mind if I call him, too?" He asks. I didn't like strangers and meeting new people.

"Ummm. I guess so. It's up to you, Seb." He snaps his fingers, "Cool."