three

♡ ♡ ♡

maybe zach was right. maybe the reason he couldn't settle himself down with anyone was because he still wanted corbyn.

either way, he knew that corbyn wouldn't take him back now. he ruined it. but maybe it was worth a try?

daniel had spent the past two months thinking about the summer. he tried to think of the times he wasn't with corbyn, but all he could think about was the blonde.

"zach?" "yeah?" daniel closed his eyes for a moment before speaking again. "could i come over after school? i need to talk to you about something."

"yeah.. of course! would this be just me and you.. or the three of us?" he asked, "just uh.. me and you.. if that's okay, jack."

"that's totally cool, i'll just come over after, okay babe?" "yeah," zach nodded, kissing him quickly.

∙☆∙☆∙☆∙☆∙

the three boys drove home, zach and daniel got out and began to walk to his front door when jack stopped him for a moment.

"i require a kiss from my love." he pouted his lips out, "how could i resist." zach smirked, connecting their lips sweetly.

then the two walked to zach's front door and entered the house. "hey boys! where's jack?" "he's at his house for a bit, mom. he'll be over later." zach answered myta.

as they passed josh, who was on the couch, zach saw him clench his jaw and stiffen his body. zach only sighed as he and daniel went to his room.

"it's not getting any better with you two is it?" daniel asked him once the door was closed. "no. not at all. if anything it's getting worse. he's starting to not like jack, like at all."

"he'll act as if he hasn't known jack for the past seventeen years. it sucks." zach sighed. "i bet.." "so what did you want to talk about?"

zach sat down on his bay window seat while daniel layed on the king sized bed. "i've uh.. i've been having these dreams lately..." he started nervously.

"oh my god, are you like a shiner?" zach asked excitedly, "i- what the fuck is a shiner?" daniel furrowed his brow at the boy.

"are you kidding me?!" zach was shocked, he stared at daniel waiting to see if it would click in his brain. "hello..! the shining! stephen king! what is wrong with you!" he left his mouth hung open in shock. "okay anyway.. i've been having these dreams lately.. about... corbyn."

zach let out a gasp as a smile spread on his face. "like what? what happens in the dreams?" "it's different almost every time. but it always includes corbyn."

"like in what way?" "in.. intimate ways. sometimes it's of us being.. sexual, sometimes it's like just us going out for dinner, or at the beach. but it's always corbyn." daniel elaborated.

"okay... why are you telling me this?" the blue eyed boy sighed before speaking, "because i want to understand why i'm having these dreams, thought maybe you could help me."

"of course.. when did you start having these dreams?" "about, maybe two weeks after we got back." zach nodded and stayed quiet for a moment, "it's possible that your brain is trying to tell you that you miss him." he suggested.

"how did you feel when you were with corbyn?" "like.. sex?" "no, well, yes. but i mean, when you were with him in general. like when you kiss, or cuddled, or went on dates. how did you feel?"

"i- i felt, right. being with corbyn felt good, but it was just a fling, right?" "how did you feel once we got home?"

daniel hesitated, "well..." he took a deep breath as he continued to stare at the ceiling, "for the first week i felt fine. but after that.. i don't know, there's just like this... empty feeling."

"it just always feels like a part of me is missing. i just... i want to have something like you and jack do, but it just feels like nothing is right. no one is right for me-"

"except for the one person you know you can't have." zach finished his friends train of thought, "yeah.. i know. i felt that for years. even before i knew how i felt about jack, i always noticed how much better i felt around him. like everything was okay. like nothing was wrong in the world. or that there was even a world at all."

"jack has always been someone who could take away all my pain, when i'm with him, it's like the whole world fades away.. and when he's gone, i feel empty. just like you described."

"so what does that mean?" "i know of only one kind of person that can do these things to someone." "what kind of person?" "soulmates."

daniel stayed silent for a moment before zach spoke again, "i feel that same way toward jack, and if i'm right about the two of us staying together and all that shit.. i think i'm right about you and corbyn."

"so.. you're saying i broke my soulmates heart?" daniel asked him. "well..." zach trailed off, his voice raising an octave. "yeah, pretty much. for me.. whenever i would see jack get close and touchy with someone else, it felt like the end of the world. so when you broke up with corbyn, i'm sure he felt the same way."