nine

♡ ♡ ♡

it's been a few weeks since daniel and jack talked. zach's stayed home from school a few times at first, not wanting to walk back in there.

but the more he stayed home, the more stressed he got. so he only stayed home for two and a half days. the half day, he had called jack at lunch to come get him.

he worked even harder in his classes to catch back up as he was taking ones that moved at a fast, complicated pace. these were the classes that would help him get in to harvard. which so far, has been very helpful.

he's got a 5.76 gpa, which is unbelievable in their school. there aren't a lot of super smart people in their high school so for zach to have that high of a gpa should seriously help him toward his acceptance.

as zach, jack, and daniel sat down for lunch, he was grinding on his homework, having it practically spread out over the whole table.

"babe.. this is ridiculous! how can one person do all of this in a day? it's insane!" "it's the path to harvard, jack. i can't slack off, not even for a second."

"not even to spend time with your very loving boyfriend?" jack playfully pouted. "sadly not as much as i would like to." zach replied, not taking his eyes off of the work, writing down answers frantically.

when jack didn't say anything back, zach looked up sighing. "baby i'm sorry... but, jack this, harvard... it's my dream school. the only place i've ever wanted to go. so if this is what i have to do to get in, i'm going to do it."

"yeah i know.. just wish you would let yourself come up for some air every now and then. you're suffocating yourself in your work. you need to breathe."

"i will breathe when i've gotten in." zach spoke quickly. "you need a break love. please.. just come over after school and relax." jack placed his hand over one of zach's to make him stop moving and look him in the eye.

the boy just sighed, "fine. but if i get a bad mark on this essay it's your fault." "babe, you are a natural at writing. you don't need hours to write the perfect essay, you literally need at most forty five minutes. all i ask is for you to spend two hours with me, let go and destress."

zach sighed again, nodding his head with a small, soft smile. jack responded with a wide smile, "thank you." he spoke before leaning over the lunch table and kissing his boyfriends lips quickly before pulling back, keeping the wide smile to his face.

∙☆∙☆∙☆∙☆∙

"corbyn, you need to relax! you are so stressed!" jonah whined as he watched his best friend continuously study at his provided desk in the dorm room.

"jonah stop. i have to get this done. it's worth a lot." "so is your social life. your happiness. corbyn you are drowning in work."

"i don't want to fail, jonah! just leave it!" corbyn, sort of, snapped at his friend. "corbyn... lyndsey and i are worried about you. you've been–" "look, jonah not all of us have girlfriends! not all of us can go out on dates with them several times a week!"

"corbyn i understand that, but i just–" "just what? jonah. look i don't need a relationship. i don't need a boyfriend and i certainly don't need daniel so–"

"i never said anything about daniel." jonah cut in this time. keeping his voice as calm as he could. he never took his eyes off his friend who was still burying himself in his schooling.

"corbyn... are you drowning yourself in your work so you don't have time to think about him?" jonah asked, his voice lowering and calming even more.

the blonde dropped his pencil to his paper, sniffing as he finally turned to face jonah. his eyes collecting with tears. "what good is it doing anyway when he's all i can ever think about?"

he let the tears fall as jonah walked over. the brunette engulfed him in a hug as the other softly cried. "c'mon, we're going out tonight." he abruptly said, pulling away.

"what?" "you heard me. we're going out, and i'm going to show you how you should be treated. even though i'm straight." corbyn giggled lightly, "i thought you were going out with lyndsey tonight?"

"i'll cancel. my best friend is way more important." jonah shrugged. with a lot of begging and pushing, jonah finally got corbyn to leave the dorm room.

the brunette took his friend to a restaurant he and lyndsey found about a month back. while they sat down for dinner, corbyn's phone lit up.

"oh my god, jonah." his eyes widened as he saw who it was. "what?" "daniel texted me." corbyn breathed out.

"what did the bastard say? i wanna tell ho off." "all he say was hey," corbyn kept his eyes glued to his phone, debating on if he should text back, and how quickly he would do so.

"leave him on read. he deserves it." "no, i'm not a rude person. i'm going to reply to him." "corbyn he is an asshole who left you crying in an airport after breaking your heart! you cannot take him back!"

"jonah he's the only guy i've ever actually liked. i still like him! i want to take to him."