twenty two

♡ ♡ ♡

"did you even take into consideration how i would feel about you just showing up here when i'm finally getting over you?"

corbyn sighed, "i didn't know you were seeing someone.." "yeah, and i didn't know about ashton did i? guess we were both in the same fucking boat huh?"

"i'm not seeing him anymore." "and why's that huh? what'd he do to make you leave him?" daniel was pissed, although he was still trying to keep his cool so he wouldn't attract other students attention.

"it's not important– look i agreed to coming here because i needed to get away from the campus. i didn't want to be around there after what he did."

daniel's attitude softened, corbyn's words hit in. after what he did. it worried daniel.

as much as he liked griffin, and wanted to be with him. he knew deep down that it would always be corbyn he cared for.

"corbyn what happened? why did you come here?" the brunette asked him calmly this time.

"i lied to you. i said loved, but what i really meant was... i love you." corbyn spoke softly. "are you fucking kidding me?!"

"why the fuck are you here telling me this? look, i get i kind of did the same thing, but you told me that you moved on and that i needed to do the same. and now that i'm finally moving on you fucking come here and tell me that you love me? that's fucked up corbyn!"

"dani, baby, you okay?" griffin's voice came, "i'm fine griff, it's okay." daniel spoke to the boy. "doesn't sound like it. babe who is this?"

griffin wrapped an arm around daniel's waist, to which had corbyn stiffen out of jealousy. "don't worry about it griff, i'm fine. you should be in class."

"alright fine, i'll see you in music." griffin pecked the brunette's lips quickly before leaving.

"so you really have moved on huh?" "you can't judge me for moving on just like you did corbyn."

the blonde sucked in a breath, releasing it while saying, "i just really hoped it wasn't serious." he looked down sadly.

"sorry to disappoint you." daniel then suddenly remembered what corbyn had said previously. "corbyn?"

"yes dani?" with that, daniel's heart skipped. griffin's called him dani a few times since they got together, but never did it make his heart jump.

corbyn seemed to be the only one who was ever able to make it skip by just a simple nickname.

"uh.. when– uh, you said.. after what he did. what did you mean?" "it doesn't matter."

"of course it does. did he hurt you?" corbyn stayed silent, "corbyn answer me. what happened."

the blonde shut his eyes for a moment, gathering the courage to say it. "he raped me." he whispered. his voice just loud enough for daniel to hear it.

"corbyn i'm so sorry." the brunette responded, his voice volume the same as corbyn's was. "i know things between us are really fucked up right now, but you know you can talk to me when you need to."

"thank you dani." corbyn smiled shyly. he had to seriously fight the urge to just lunge forward and kiss the brunette, but forcefully held himself back.

the two walked toward the cafeteria to join jack and zach, except when they walked in, their eyes fell onto a crying zach and an angry jack trying to console him.

before they could even rush over to him, jack lashed out to the entire cafeteria.

"alright everyone! listen up!" he shouted as he stood up on the table. "how fucking sick can you get? how the fuck can you live with yourselves when you continuously call the purest and the sweetest kid, fucking worthless? how can you live with yourselves when you tell him to fucking die?"

"what the fuck is wrong with you people?" he asked rhetorically. corbyn was shocked, he had absolutely no idea that was going on.

"i have had it. i'm fucking over it. you all want me, well you can't fucking have me. especially not when you're treating my boyfriend like shit!"

"you see, the only reason i ever fucked any of y'all was because i didn't understand what i was feeling. i used you all as an escape route. but guess what, i'm fucking done with that shit."

"the next time anyone tries to get with me, you're fucking dead." jack warned everyone.

"and the next time i hear of someone talking shit to or about zach, i'll fucking kick all your asses. understand?"

jack then hopped off the table, grabbing zach's hand and guiding him out the cafeteria doors.

daniel and corbyn followed quickly after them, "zach oh my god, come here." daniel pulled the boy into a hug, squeezing him tight as jack tried to calm himself down.

"what the hell just happened?" corbyn spoke up, confused. "since school started, every student here has been hating and picking on zach because i'm in a relationship with him."

"what? why?" "jack was their hookup. he was the guy to go to whenever you needed a makeout, or a quick fuck. even if they weren't horny, they'd want to hook up with him. so they're pissed that their hook up is now tied down and committed to someone."

"at least one person, every day, will tell him how he's worthless and that i just pity him. which is not fucking true and you know that right baby?" zach just nodded.