twenty eight

♡ ♡ ♡

after school that day, daniel went over to zach's for a short while before he went back to his place.

he had posted on his snap story that he was with zach so that griffin wouldn't accuse him of lying, but after that he left.

corbyn had come over to daniel's about an hour after the brunette had been home. they sat out in the backyard, up in the rundown tree fort daniel and christian had built when daniel was little.

it was his own private little hideout. zach and jack have only been up there at most twice.

mainly because they were trying to get daniel to come down but he wouldn't so they went up to get him.

but daniel had brought corbyn up. he brought him into his personal place. "welcome to my hideout, corbyn."

"and what do you come here to do?" corbyn wondered, looking around the small space. "escape, relax, cleanse my mind."

"do you usually bring someone up here?" "nope. you would be the first." daniel smirks, "really... what makes me so special?" corbyn began to smirk as well.

daniel didn't say anything, he simply started to lean over, corbyn doing the same. as they met in the middle, they shared a blissful kiss.

"wait..." corbyn stopped them, pulling away from daniel, unsure of what to do. "what? d-do you not want to kiss me?"

"wha- no! no of course i want to kiss you. daniel... i love you." corbyn sighed, "okay then why did you pull away?"

"because you still have a boyfriend! daniel, tell me... what are you doing? where are you trying to go with this?"

"i- corbyn i really want to be with you." daniel said, "then why are you still dating somebody else? why haven't you broken up with them?"

"because what am i supposed to do when you leave?! corbyn- i love you. i know i do. i know that for sure. but what i don't know is if i can handle not being around the guy i love every day."

"i don't know what i'm supposed to do here! corbyn i want to be with you so badly, but i don't want to be alone when you leave. so maybe having griffin as my boyfriend is better for now because he's actually here while you're states away from me!"

daniel was close to yelling. but he wasn't angry, he was just hurting and stressed. he was feeling guilty about everything he was doing.

"look, dani... i know it's not my choice, but you can't string him along. you can't lead him to think that you want that to last when you don't."

"don't pull the same crap on him like you did with me." corbyn spoke quietly, daniel stayed still for a moment before bowing his head and sniffing back the coming tears.

"dani? are you crying?" corbyn asked softly. and a little rhetorically obviously. "i'm such a terrible person." daniel shook his head as he spoke sadly.

"no.. no dani don't say that. you're not, don't say- you can't let yourself think like that. it's not tr-"

"it is true corbyn! it is!" daniel bursted, his eyes now red and puffy, "i crushed you! i strung you along just to leave you like crap and then show up a few months later wanting you back, i was selfish!"

"then i come back here and i swear to myself that i was done playing games with people. i swore to myself that i was done stringing people on, and i wasn't going to cheat on them at any cost, i swore i was going to turn myself around and be a good boyfriend to someone."

"and i get a boyfriend and what do i do? i cheat on them! i fucking cheat on him! i'm a terrible person-"

"stop it! daniel, stop it. you're not a terrible person. you just make mistakes. everybody makes mistakes, it's okay."

"the difference is learning from those mistakes... have you learnt anything from the mistakes you've made?"

daniel thought for a moment, he knows he has but he still doesn't take those into account before making the same mistake again.

"dani... if it means so much to you, break up with griffin, be with whoever it is you want to be with, and if it's me let it be me, but if it isn't i would understand. as much as it'll kill me, i would."

"how can you love me corbyn? i- i'm a dick! i'm such a shitty person!" daniel whispered at first, his voice gradually getting louder.

"daniel i love you because i know that you aren't a dick!" corbyn spoke rather quickly, near the same volume as daniel, "corbyn it's you that i want to be with... but i don't know how to do that."

"dani... look, just take it step by step. first step would be, ending things with griffin so you don't end up hurting him."

more tears ran down daniel's face, some tears because of him being upset and a mess over this.

but the other tears were because he was upset that he was a mess in front of corbyn.

"i don't know what i'm doing corbyn. i don't know what to do! how do i handle this? corbyn, i don't know how to handle this!"

"you have to push through it, you don't have to know how to handle this, all you need to know is what you want. because that's all that matters."

"i want you, corb... only you." daniel whispered, leaning back over and connecting their lips again.