twenty three

♡ ♡ ♡

after school that day and yesterday was normal. daniel was slightly warming to the fact that corbyn was here.

although he did blow off lunch with them yesterday to go out with griffin because he didn't feel like being there with corbyn.

even though he was warming up to it, he was still acting weird toward corbyn.

maybe that was because he was confused now. he had just gotten over him, finally liking someone else. now corbyn's here and all the old feelings for the blonde have just flooded back while still having feelings for griffin.

corbyn came to the school again with them today. but not before corbyn and daniel had yet another big talk that slowly turned into an argument.

but it finally started to resolve. which corbyn was so greatful for, but he wasn't sure if daniel was too.

either way, he came to the school with them again, and since jack's outburst the other day, no one has bugged zach.

some people have still come up to jack, trying to hook up. which pisses him off way more than it had before. honestly why couldn't people just get the fucking message?

at lunch, corbyn was amazed by the amount of work zach had spread out over the table. "zach how do you get all of this done?" he inquired, shocked by it all.

"long hours and concentration." the boy replied, scribbling down answers frequently. "which i do not contribute to. i distract him." jack smirked as he placed a kiss to zach's neck.

to which the boy sat up straight, sucking in a deep breath. "jack robert avery i swear to god." he warned. "my deepest apologies baby, but c'mon.. i can't ever resist kissing my boyfriend. especially when he's as adorable and sexy as you are."

"you're horny aren't you." zach huffed, locking eyes with the boy. his expression showing that he was unimpressed. "i am not horny. i am just trying to show you that i love you." jack stated, opposing his boyfriend's initial argument.

"you don't want to start a debate with me babe.. don't forget who's the captain of the debate team and who's the captain of the basketball team." zach sassed him.

"hm let me guess... daniel's the basketball captain and corbyn's the debate captain." "mm wrong. don't argue with me, you know i'll win."

jack sighed, he did know that. in every argument they've ever had, no matter what it was. or how stupid, or silly it was, zach always won. "yeah i know. but can i have a kiss for trying?"

the brunette giggled quietly, a tiny smirk on his lips as he leaned over, but just before jack closed the space, he turned his head so jack would end up kissing his cheek.

"that's just cruel babe. c'mon, give me something i'm dying here." jack whined, to which zach just huffed out a "fine" and pecked the boy's lips shyly.

as the day went on, and classes continued, daniel found himself thinking about the blonde more and more. to the point where he was taking up his entire mind.

to the point where daniel couldn't even focus on music. that's how much corbyn was eclipsing his mind.

he felt guilty about it, but all he wanted to do was kiss him. that's all he's been dying to do. he had initially brushed it off because he was seeing griffin, but now he can't. the thought and need to kiss corbyn was just permanently in his mind.

so when the final period of the day was over, daniel was beyond relieved. the four boys had a plan to go out for some food after school, most likely going to nando's.

which is exactly where jack drove them. and as the boy's sat in the booth, daniel was itching to just be alone with corbyn.

even though he knew he shouldn't kiss him. he knew he had to put those feelings aside. because once corbyn had turned him away and once he started dating griffin, he swore that he would change his ways.

no more leading people on. no cheating, even if he thought of it as nothing. no matter the case, no cheating. no more lying as well.

he had made himself a bunch of rules, but now he feel like he can't obey them because all he wants to do is kiss and fuck around with corbyn but he would be violating all of the rules and promises he had made to himself.

it wouldn't be fair to him. it wouldn't be fair to griffin and it wouldn't be fair to corbyn. so now he had no idea what to do.

as they left the restaurant and piled back in the car, neither jack or zach were paying attention to what the two were doing in the back seat, so daniel placed his hand on corbyn's thigh for the remainder of the drive home.

∙☆∙☆∙☆∙☆∙

in the morning, daniel told jack not to pick him up. wanting to stay home the first half and go later.

corbyn wasn't going in the morning either, so daniel thought it the perfect opportunity to be alone with him and figure things out for himself.

obviously without taking advantage of corbyn though. because it doesn't matter how shitty of a person daniel is or was, he would never be like corbyn's father. ever.