twenty nine

♡ ♡ ♡

"zach... babe, come on we're going to be late." jack smiled as he slightly rushed his boyfriend.

"i'm sorry okay? i'm not the one who made the reservation at such a ridiculous time." zach remarked, "oh come off it." jack scoffed, keeping a smile to his face.

"babe! a five o'clock reservation in downtown dallas when it takes us half an hour to get there and our school lets out at three o'clock and it takes fifteen minutes to get home. not a smart move!"

"well it was either five or not at all so i went with him. besides... i don't know why you're taking so much time in getting dressed up, one it's not that fancy of a restaurant and two.. you look gorgeous no matter what."

jack placed his hands down on zach's hips, letting zach start to lean up for a moment before he took over and closed the space between them.

"i love you jack." zach whispered, "i love you too baby." he whispered back, pecking the boy's lips twice before zach pulled away to continue quickly getting ready.

"babe i'm serious you don't need to look so perfect, i know it's hard for you but come on.. you look amazing, just relax and come here for a minute."

that didn't stop zach from fussing with his hair and outfit in the bathroom mirror. he only fussed more.

the four boys were going out for dinner to a restaurant called "savor" in the downtown area. the place was a pretty popular and busy place, which is why it was difficult to get a reservation.

it was also only last night that daniel and corbyn were up in the treehouse. daniel was still pretty emotional about everything.

he still had no idea what to do. his gut was telling him to break up with griffin and be with corbyn again. but his head and intuitions were telling him to stay with griffin so it would hurt less when corbyn leaves because he would have someone to fall back on.

"jack! zach! we have to go c'mon!" daniel shouted from the bottom of the staircase, "we're coming!" jack shouted back, walking into the bathroom and grabbing zach's hands off his outfit.

"you look amazing... now let's go." jack spoke lowly, guiding the boy out of the bathroom. he turned around to walk down the stairs, still keeping a hold on zach's hands practically dragging him down the stairs.

"jesus what did you guys do? y'all fuck for something?" daniel teased them, "no, zach's just being the perfectionist he is and wouldn't stop fussing."

the four walked outside and to jack's car. but maybe at the worst timing ever as josh had been out on the herron's lawn.

he didn't know zach wasn't in his room nor going out for dinner with jack and daniel. or that corbyn, who he only met once from the summer, was here and going with them too.

needless to say, josh was fuming, and when zach saw him he froze. jack stiffened when seeing him too. "get in the car z." jack muttered keeping the glaring eye contact with josh.

"but-" "just get in the car." jack hasn't looked away from josh, who was growing angrier by the second. when zach started to move to get in, josh began to explode.

"zachary dean herron you get over here right now!" he yelled. his yelling made zach flinch and rush to get in the car more.

daniel and corbyn were quick to follow him, sliding in to the back row as jack rushed around the car to get in the drivers seat. "zach i know he's your dad but i have no problem running him over right now if he gets any closer."

"just go, just drive." zach sniffed. jack then began to back out of the driveway, almost hitting josh, which he knew he should care about but he didn't really care right now.

"your middle name is dean?" corbyn wondered, zach just giggled and nodded. "yeah..." jack's hand was placed on zach's thigh as he drove, comforting the boy from his dad. who in all honesty, has always scared him.

daniel smirked and slowly slid his hand across to place on corbyn's thigh just like jack, as he did so, he spoke up.

"so zach.. you said you had something to tell us?" he smirked harder as he felt corbyn tense when his hand landed on the blonde's thigh.

"oh uh... i'll- i'll tell you guys over dinner." zach cleared his throat as he spoke, desperately trying to keep what he wanted to say in just for a little longer.

at the restaurant, daniel made sure they were given a booth in the far back, away from the other tables. it was more private.

"okay zach, spill it what did you want to tell us?" corbyn eagerly asked as he slid in next to daniel.

"alright so uh-" "wait! let me guess! you and jack are getting married right after graduation yes!" daniel half-joked. "no!" the couple both laughed.

"i want to be graduated from university before i get married. i want to be at least 24 for my wedding day." zach stated, "and i do whatever he wants so..." jack added in. "so... tell us!"

"i got into harvard!" zach beamed. "what?! babe that's amazing! i'm so proud of you!" jack beamed as well, planting a kiss to his lips.