seventeen

♡ ♡ ♡

daniel was leaving today, flying out to california to see corbyn. who had absolutely no idea he was coming.

which worked in a way, because he knew which dorm he was in since they had helped move corbyn and jonah into the room.

he was currently at the airport, his mom knew where he was going, his dad didn't. but honestly, he didn't care enough to want to tell him.

when he boarded his plane, he put his head phones in and blocked everything else out.

now the fact that his family was pretty wealthy really benefitted him right now. because he was sitting in first class.

the flight was about three hours, so daniel just let himself relax and lose himself in his music.

he had watched a movie or two during the flight so his phone was completely dead by the time he landed.

when daniel got off the plane, it was 3:47. by the time he would get to stanford, it would be after five. because he still needed to get his luggage and check into his hotel and then drive to the campus.

he checked into his hotel at 4:25, called zach and jack to let them know he got there okay.

because even though zach wanted him to go see corbyn, he was a little nervous. he wanted to make sure he was okay and that he was safe.

i guess you could call zach the mom of the group. very cautious and protective. very nervous about letting one of them go somewhere by themselves. especially this time because daniel was traveling to a different state by himself.

so daniel called to check in, tell zach that's he's okay. then he changed out of his sweats that he had worn on the plane and put on some ripped jeans and his plain red sweatshirt.

he splashed some water on his face to wake himself up a bit more and then left the hotel. he had ordered himself an uber to take him to the campus, but on the way he decided on stopping for a quick bite.

so by the time he got to the campus, it was 5:17 and he was terrified. what if corbyn turned him away at the door? what if when he saw it was daniel, he slams the door? what if he has someone else?

daniel desperately trying to shut his thoughts up as he made his way to the boy's dorm room.

when he arrived at the door, he stood there for a moment, debating on if he should just turn back now or follow through with this.

finally, he lifted his hand up and knocked on the door. a few seconds passed before the door was opened by the blonde himself.

"daniel?" corbyn was confused, when did daniel get here? why was he here? shouldn't he be in school, in texas? "hi.. wow, okay..." daniel panicked.

"what are you doing here? shouldn't you be booking up with someone else?" corbyn questioned him.

daniel cleared his throat, looking down at his feet. "yeah, i deserve that." he chuckled lightly. "seriously daniel what are you doing here?"

"i needed to see you." "bullshit, tell me the truth." corbyn crossed his arm, his eyes glued to the boy in front of him.

"i am telling the truth!" daniel countered, "i don't believe that." "i– is jonah here?"

"no, he and lyndsey are out on a dinner date. why?" "because i feel like if he sees me here he'll probably beat my ass."

"not probably, he will beat your ass seavey." corbyn smirked. "look, i needed to see you. i needed to talk to you."

"why?" the blonde furrowed his eyebrows, what could daniel possibly want to talk to him about that he couldn't just text him?

daniel sighed, "corbyn.. i fucked up, okay? i fucked up big time, i know i did. but i'm here, and i'm telling you that i–"

"don't say you love me, i know you don't." corbyn interrupted him. "i do love you! okay, maybe i didn't realize it at first. maybe i didn't want to believe it, so i wrote the whole thing off as a summer fling but i do, i do love you."

"i don't believe you daniel!" "look, i'm a dick okay? i'm the biggest dick in the world for letting you go." "yeah.. you are." corbyn scoffed.

"corbyn–" "i gave myself to you daniel. i gave you everything i could possibly give someone. i told you so much, i trusted you. and you turn around and tell me it was nothing? it was just a summer fling?"

"please.. corbyn i'm–" "you broke me daniel. what you did hurt. it hurt so fucking much."

"corbyn please just listen to me." daniel whispered, desperate to get through to him. "you have five minutes."

"i know what i did was wrong and fucked up. corbyn i really care about you. i care about you so much. and i don't have a good excuse for what i did, i don't. but i'm here. i flew three hours, not even knowing what would happen, just to see you at least one more time. does that not show you that i love you?"

"corbyn.. i want you back. i– i will do anything to get you back. but if you're seeing someone and you don't want me, i'll leave. i'll go back to my hotel, i'll grab my stuff and i'll fly home, just please say something."