thirteen

♡ ♡ ♡

"and neither of us have said anything about getting back together. for all i know, we will stay as friends and i'm okay with that. i'm asking for you to be okay with that too." corbyn spoke calmly.

"well i'm not okay with it." "then learn to be okay with it jonah!" corbyn subtly snapped at him.

he didn't raise his tone though, not wanting to send jonah into another shouting state. "but i don't know if just being friends is what he wants. what if he asks me to be with him again?"

"i don't know corbs, just answer him honestly if he does." jonah shrugs. "he's always on my mind jo, i can't get him out. everything i do, every thought, every action, there he is. daniel."

"but what if he asks me to go out and i'm not ready for that again?" corbyn stressed, he liked daniel, he really did. but was he ready to jump back into things with him?

"then say no. he's not worth dwelling on." jonah was right. if corbyn wasn't ready to be with daniel, then he shouldn't continue to dwell on the boy.

he knew that's what he needed to do. he knew he needed to move on and stop thinking about the brunette. but he couldn't.

there was something about him that is just so captivating. corbyn needed more of it. he needed more of the boy. as much as he hated how things ended between them.

as much as he still is upset and heartbroken over it, he wants to see him. but he knows that he doesn't mean anything to daniel.

he knows that daniel is probably hooking up with people back in texas. leading them on, only to dump them on their asses.

he knows that the boy is toxic. untrustworthy. but he can't help it. he knows that he loves him. corbyn loves daniel. he's only praying that the boy actually loves him too.

but even then, would corbyn be up for trying that again? he wants to be with the boy, but he knows that if he is, he'll always be scared that daniel will just leave him again.

tell him that it was nothing. that he was bored and lonely and corbyn helped fill that. that daniel found someone else he could lead on and screw around with.

either way, he wants to see him. but he doesn't necessarily want to go to texas to see him. i mean, he's in school. he's in the middle of university classes.

there's no way he could just take off for a few days– a week at most– just to see daniel. even when he doesn't know what this would lead to.

he wants to settle down with someone. he wants to have what jonah and lyndsey have. what jack and zach have. what he and daniel had. he wants things between him and daniel to be real. to last this time.

he wants things between them to go back to how it was over the summer. he wants it to be forever. but is that what daniel wanted? he didn't know.

and that's what worried him. what if daniel was just leading him on again? what if the brunette really was through with him and just wanted to mess around with the blondes feelings by texting him?

"corbyn, if you don't want to be with him. you don't have to." jonah spoke, snapping corbyn from his thoughts. "i know but..."

"corbyn, he isn't good for you. sure you guys look good together, but he isn't good for you, and you are way too good for him."

the blonde sighed, he missed him. "look, there's this guy in one of my classes. he's seen you around and he thinks you're really cute. wants to go out. you down for it?" jonah asked him.

"i– i don't know jo, i mean.. i've got so much studying to do. i have so much reading to catch up on. so many notes to do, i-i don't think–" "corbyn!" "what?"

"you need to take a break. you need to just stop for two minutes and live a life. you're throwing yourself into so much work to avoid going out and moving on. but listen to me, you need to."

"you need to move on corbyn. daniel's probably moved on to several different people by now. maybe all at once. because he seems like the type of guy to lead three people on at the same time."

"he's probably got another fling right now, so you need to go out. you need to go on a date with someone else. please."

he knew jonah was right. but he didn't want to. he didn't want to move on. but maybe he did need to. maybe he should. "i still don't know jo..."

"corbyn, please. just one date. go on one date with this guy and see how it goes." the brunette pleaded. "fine," corbyn gave in, letting out a breath, cuddling himself into his bed.

∙☆∙☆∙☆∙☆∙

the guy's name was ashton st. james. he was cute, dirty blonde hair. he had blue eyes very similar to daniel's.

his eyes were the first thing corbyn noticed about him. they reminded him of daniel. and maybe that's why corbyn was interested.

he reminded the blonde of the brunette boy he knew he couldn't have anymore.