twenty five

♡ ♡ ♡

"alright hurry up and get your asses in the car, i don't feel like getting in trouble with mrs. kaiser." jack rushed them.

just by looking at them, he knew the two had kissed. he knew they were back together in some way.

while driving to the school, daniel begged jack to take a detour for food. and because he was getting annoyed by the brunette's whining, he stopped at a mcdonald's.

while waiting in the drive-thru line, corbyn had been on social media. "uh guys?" he started, which that by itself was enough to stress out the other two.

"what?" daniel replied, as jack was grabbing the food from the window. "zach's tweeting right now."

"what's he saying?" the brunette wondered, "he shouldn't be on his phone, he's in writer's craft!" jack scolded.

"jack..." "what? corbyn what's that tone for? what's going on?" the curly haired boy grew terrified that something happened to his baby.

(if guns and shooting and stuff upsets you then please skip most of this. love y'all <3)

"there's a shooter in the school." corbyn said quietly, feeling panicked for his friend.

jack just started laughing, "funny joke corbyn, now let's go." corbyn tried telling jack that he wasn't kidding, but the boy was refusing to believe it.

it wasn't until they pulled up outside the school and saw students being rushed onto buses and away from the school did he believe it. he was quick to get his phone out, texting zach to know where he was.

he was inside. in the writer's craft classroom. his text said that he and his only friend in that class, kaelyn burkes, were hiding in the corner, trying to keep quiet.

so, jack being the protective friend and boyfriend that he is, he tried getting into the school to get to him.

but the teachers wouldn't let him. the cops that had shown up wouldn't let him get passed them.

"no! no please! please my boyfriend is in there! please!" jack cried as he panicked.

daniel was crying in corbyn's arms. not caring at all about the chance that griffin was outside and seeing him, or one of griffin's friends seeing him and corbyn.

"please! you have to let me in! please! he's in there by himself! no, stop! please! you have to let me!" more and more tears were streaming down his face as he tried getting passed.

"jack... you can't get in." daniel said quietly. "bullshit daniel, i have to!" "you can't. jack if there's a shooter in the school i can't let you go in." corbyn spoke up too.

"zach is in there! alone! what if the shooter finds–" jack was cut off by the sound of another gunshot.

the jack's phone started blowing up with texts from zach.

"i'm scared"
"i don't want to die"
"i'm not ready"
"there's so much more i want to do"
"please don't let me die"

"i won't baby i won't"
"i'm gonna get you back i promise"
"you're gonna be okay"

jack was determined to make sure he got zach out of there. but there was nothing he could do. nothing but sit and wait as the swat team went inside.

daniel and corbyn did their best to try and calm jack down. reassure him that zach would be okay.

"it's been ten fucking minutes!! what's happening in there!" jack groaned, stressing over if zach was okay.

he had been texting the boy continuesly, but zach wasn't answering. he hasn't been answer for twenty minutes.

"jack calm down, he's gonna be fine." corbyn said to the boy, "then why isn't he fucking answering me?"

another ten minutes later, some swat team emerged from the doors with a guy in handcuffs. jack and daniel knew him, his name was gordon myers.

he was one of the people who time after time threatened to hurt zach, or worse. he and his friend had threatened his life several times if he didn't leave jack.

"was he the only one?" they heard a police officer ask, "no, there's another. ross birmingham. still trying to catch him."

seeing gordon terrified jack even more. what if he was after zach? what if they were both after zach?

ross birmingham was the friend that threatened zach along with gordon. if they were doing the shooting, then jack was most likely right about zach being a target of the whole thing.

another two gunshots went off, and some swat team members ran back inside. "please be okay baby, please be okay." jack whispered, doing his best not to break down in tears again.

more and more time went on, jack was getting extra anxious, dying to see his baby.

several more gunshots went off, zach still not answering his texts. then, after a little time of silence. jack finally gets a text from zach.

"he's here."
"i love you more than anything. but i think this is goodbye."

jack started crying, screaming as corbyn and daniel tried to stop him from running inside.

then a gunshot went off, and jack felt numb. "no." he whispered, shaking his head as more and more tears fell.

"no! no he's not dead! he can't be! please! officer please you have to let me in there please!" jack fought to get out of their hold, but they wouldn't let him.

after trying and failing, jack stopped moving all together. "he's not dead. he can't be dead!" jack whispered, "he's not dead! he's not fucking dead!"