seven

♡ ♡ ♡

today's school day has been boring so far, but zach was still dreading lunch. he hates having to deal with everyone hitting on jack. in front of him.

everyone in the school knew they were dating, they did it on purpose because they hated that zach took their hookup away.

he and daniel walked to the lunchroom to spot several people talking- well, hitting on, jack.

zach instantly grew sad, guilty even. he felt bad, he had started to believe that they were right, that they shouldn't be together so he can be himself and hookup with anyone whenever.

the two walked over to the table, zach holding a glum look to his face. "hey baby! how was your- hey what's wrong?" jack's face dropped from a smile to a frown when he saw zach sad.

"n-nothing. i'm f-fine." "don't lie to me." jack replied the second zach had finished, "what?" "zach... i've known you my whole life, i know that you stutter when you lie. talk to me."

by now the kids that were hitting on him had walked away in annoyance. "baby, please.. what's going on?" jack whispered, wrapping an arm around his boyfriend's waist. "i just- i can't help but feel that everyone's right."

"right about what?" "that i'm keeping you from being who you are. jack, i know you're so much more than just an f-boy, but to everyone in this school, you're their hookup. and after a while of people telling me all this stuff, i don't know... i'm starting to believe it."

"well believe me. you are not keeping me from anything. you are the best part of me baby, i'm never letting you go. zach.. you are so special to me, i want to be with you until the day we both die, and thensome."

"if you're keeping me from anything, all it is, is you keeping me from making shitty mistakes in my life." "really?" zach's face softened, growing even more vulnerable than before. "you make me such a better person zach. i can't do any of this without you in my life in some way shape or form. and i'm so lucky that i get to be with you, don't ever forget that."

"i won't." jack leaned over and the two shared a kiss, he let it linger for a moment or two before he pulled away. "how about this.. to get your mind off of everything, how about we skip the next two periods?" jack suggested.

"no. no i can't." "c'mon, baby let's just skip." he whined a little, "jack i can't. i know you don't exactly always care about your grades but i do. i need good grades, i can't skip." jack pouted out his lip, "not even just this once?"

"no. jack no, if i skip, then my grades could go down and i would have even less of a chance of getting in to harvard." "i know, but it was worth a try right?"

"i'll come over after school, how's that?" zach reasoned with his boyfriend. "fine, but we get to do what i want to do." he said scooching closer to zach, his arm still wrapped around his waist. "would your head be out of the gutter?"

jack made a face of contemplation, "well..." "then no." "alright fine! but a little bit of fun.. please?" "just a little." zach agreed, and they kissed again.

the three boys then turned in to conversation when a senior girl walked passed them, she bent down and ran her hand over jack's body seductively while she whispered, "you know, if you asked me. i would have skipped with you. we could go back to my place, have some fun. just think about it." she kissed his cheek before walking away, letting her hand linger on his body.

zach just looked down into his food, feeling like he could cry. "zach, look at me." jack said quietly, he used his finger to lift his head toward him. "no one-" "i can't do this." he whispered, cutting him off. zach stood up from the table and walked out of the cafeteria, doing his best to avoid everyone's stares and judgemental looks as he did so.

"zach!" jack called after him, turning to daniel, "go after him dumbass!" he stated to jack, motioning toward the door. jack then jumped up from his seat and followed after him.

jack turned a corner to see someone talking to zach while the boy was against the wall. the other guy had his hand on his chest pushing zach further into the lockers. "you think you own him, you don't. he shouldn't be with you. you're weighing him down. he doesn't love you, he just pities you." the boy growled at him.

more and more tears left zach's eyes as the boy spoke, "i know," he whispered, losing hope in all of this. "excuse me? what are you doing with my boyfriend?"

"getting him to realize that he's just a shitty piece of trash." the boy sassed, "okay yeah no. move away." "excuse me?" jack raised his eyebrows at the boy, "you heard me. get off of him."

jack pretty much shoved the boy off of zach, "you don't love this freak, you pity him." "okay but the thing is you're wrong. i do love him, so leave us alone please and thank you."