epilogue

♡ ♡ ♡

"so let me get this straight, you're breaking up with me?" griffin spoke, processing what daniel had semi ranted about.

"y-yeah, look griffin i'm sorry. i just, i can't do this to you." daniel sighed, looking down to his lap. "can't do what to me? be with me?"

"it's just... look it's nothing to do with you. i'm serious, it isn't you. i just.. i don't want to keep stringing you along when i'm not sure how i feel." griffin had a small idea of where this was going, and he hated it.

"how you feel about what?" "about me, and i guess my emotions in general. i just... there's somebody that i'm not quite sure i'm over yet, and until i figure out what i want, i don't want to lead you on and make you think that i'm fully invested in this when i don't think i am."

"y'know, when the school year started i really thought you had changed. you weren't going to insane amounts of parties, weren't constantly getting drunk and screwing around with people. even jack stopped fucking people. i thought you changed and that you were actually chill now, and wanting to settle with someone. guess i was wrong." griffin huffed.

"no, griff you're right! that is what i want, i just don't know who i'm wanting to settle down with and i don't want to hurt anybody!"

griffin scoffed at daniel's words, "whatever daniel. i'll see you around." he rolled his eyes before leaving.

it had been the end of the school day so daniel rushed outside to jack's car to go home. "daniel what took you so long?" jack wondered as he buckled himself in.

"i uh... i was talking to griffin." daniel cleared his throat, "just talking? you sure there wasn't any making out?"

"no, definitely not." "really? we're talking about griffin here, that guy is like always trying to kiss you and is pretty much attatched to you!" jack chuckled lightly, driving out of the school parking lot.

daniel pursed his lips together, leaning his head back against the headrest, "i broke up with him." he said to them, "what?! why?! i thought you liked him!" zach freaked, turning around in his seat to face him. "i thought so too."

"and i do, i like him, but..." daniel trailed off, casting his eyes up to zach's, "but you love somebody else." zach finished his thought, daniel only nodding. "you love corbyn." the other smiled.

zach has always wanted nothing more than for his friends to get their happily ever after. he got his with jack, and all he wants for daniel is the same thing.

"yeah, so when we get home i need to talk to corbyn." jack's breathing hitched, "uh... about that."

"what? jack what?" daniel grew anxious, leaning forward in the seat. "corbyn uh... his flight leaves in an hour."

"he's leaving!!" both daniel and zach shouted, "yeah.. he has to go back to school guys! remember he's in university? he's got his finals real soon."

"jack you have to get me to the airport! i have to see him!" daniel didn't even need to finish his sentence before jack started to speed up and turn onto a street that would take them there.

he drove as fast as he could without being pulled over or being reckless and causing an accident. "okay daniel, by the rate we're driving we'll get there with ten minutes before his flight starts boarding."

zach told him, "he'll be at gate 14, and we'll get you as close as we can okay?" daniel nodded, marking down the number 14 in his mind.

but of course, just five minutes away from the airport, traffic blocked them. "dani your safest bet right now is to get out of the car and run there." jack advised.

daniel didn't even think twice before unbuckling and jumping out the door, beginning to run down the side walks to the airport.

now it's not like daniel is the most athletic person out there, but he is very fit and is a fast runner, which came in handy here.

he made it to the airport with 7 minutes before corbyn's flight boarded and ran inside toward gate 14.

"corbyn! corbyn wait!" daniel shouted as he pushed past several people in the crowded airport, only just spotting the blonde hair.

"daniel? what are you doing?" corbyn asked in shock as the brunette finally caught up to him. "were you really going to leave without telling me? without a goodbye?" daniel panted.

"look, i thought about it and i think you were thinking right. i'm not going to be here, i go to school in california and my family lives in minnesota, and if you don't want to be alone then you were thinking the right way."

"corbyn i broke up with him. i told you, it's you that i want. i don't want anybody else. i love you corbyn, and it'll only ever be you that i love. please don't go, not yet. please." daniel begged the blonde.

"daniel..." "corbyn please.. please stay. just for a few more days please!" corbyn stood silent for a moment, although he knew what he wanted. he wanted to stay.

"i love you daniel," he cracked a smile, stepping one step closer to the boy. "i don't want this to be a fling, corbyn. i want this to be forever."

corbyn let a chuckle fall from his mouth as he dropped his bag and smashed their lips together. his arms wrapping around daniel's neck as the brunette's fell around his waist. "i love you." they both whispered to each other.

"of course i'll stay dani. i love you so much." corbyn chuckled, connecting their lips again.

the two shared a blissful kiss in the middle of the airport, one of many they would share for the years to come.

THE END.