Chapter 1 ྿ Not Goodbye

"This is the Asgardian refugee vessel Statesman."

People are whimpering and screaming

"We are under assault. I repeat, we are under assault.
The engines are dead, life support failing."

"Requesting aid from any vessel within range.
We are 22 jump points out of Asgard."

"Our crew is made up of Asgardian families.
We have very few soldiers here. This is not a
Warcraft. I repeat, this is not a Warcraft."

———

"Hear me and rejoice." A creature starts to speak as he walks over bodies spread across the floor of the ship. "You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan." He continues to walk over the bodies on the ground. "You may think this is suffering." More bodies stepped over. "No. It is salvation." More bodies come into view. "Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice." It's face now comes into view. "Smile." A blade is heard as a man grunts.

"For even in death you have become Children of Thanos." The creature continues on as he passes by Loki who is standing, watching with a face with nothing but disgust and anger for what they have done to his people. He draws his attention from the creature and on to Thanos who stands a few feet before him.

"I know what it's like to lose." Thanos begins to speak as he turns so he is now facing the direction of Loki. "To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless." He added as he now looks down at an angle where Thor is laying on the ground beside him. Bending down in his armor, he grabs Thor; causing the god to groan. As he walks forward a couple of steps with Thor in his grasps, he continues to speak. "It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly." A few more steps towards Loki with Thor hanging. "But I ask you, to what End?" The view now pans and faces towards Loki.

 "But I ask you, to what End?" The view now pans and faces towards Loki

"Dread it, run from it... destiny arrives all the same." The view now reveals more creatures like the first to speak standing around the god of mischief. Thanos takes a few more steps. "And now, it's here. Or should I say... I am." He finishes as he raises his fist with the gauntlet to reveal one of the 6 stones; the power stone.

Thor is now on the ground but on his knees as Thanos grips his head. "You talk too much." Thor says. A quick glimpse of Loki is shown looking at his brother after looking at Thanos. "The Tesseract. Or your brother's head." Thanos states. The creatures around smile a bit. The big one towards the back growls. "I assume you have a preference." Thanos continues towards Loki.

Loki is shown and says "Oh, I do." Thor is heard choking. "Kill away." Loki adds. Thanos finds it surprising and continues on as he places the gauntlet with the power stone to Thor's temple. Crackling could be heard followed by the groans of Loki's brother. Loki tries to show a slight smile through the pain but fails miserably as tears are threatening to spill from his eyes.