Chapter 20 ྿ I Like This One

Washing off the shaver in the sink the placing it to the side, Steve was shown with a clean shave as he closed the water off. Cleaning off the parts of his face with a towel, he placed it beside him before looking at the mirror. He sighed before seeing the small mirror beside him start to shake. A heavy rumbling could be heard and he stopped the mirror from moving but then heard something come from outside. Placing on a shirt, him, Pepper, Bruce, Pietro, Bibi, Rocket, Eva, Natasha and Rhodes ran out to see who it was. The ship you, Tony, Nebula and Loki were on started to land by the help of Carol.

Nebula could be seen helping Tony out of the ship and as soon as Steve saw, he ran over quick to help with the rest of the way. Loki followed out with you in his arms. Pietro noticed and sped his way over, taking you into his own arms. "I'll take her." He told Loki. He passed Tony with you in his arms as Bibi and Eva went to check on you. Natasha as well. "Couldn't stop him." Tony told Steve. "Y/n tried too but it didn't work." Steve sighed lightly as he said "Neither could I." Tony stopped him as he said "Hang on. I lost the kid." Steve could see how much it weighed on the man.

"Tony, we lost." Steve told him. "Is, Uh...?" Tony started to ask referring to Pepper but she ran up to him. "Oh, good." He said in near tears. "Oh, my god!" She said "oh, my god." She said again as she hugged him and started to sob. He gave her a kiss on her cheek to reassure her as he said "it's okay." Steve went over to see if you were doing alright. When he got over to you, he saw that Pietro had managed to get you to stand up. "Y/n.." He said and when you saw him, you gave him a hug the best you could; which he gladly returned. "I couldn't save him.." you cried and he nodded his head. "I know." He told you as he pulled away. "Let's get you inside." Bibi told you as she offered a hand to you and you took it. Pietro was beside you, Loki trailing behind, Eva nearby as Natasha, Bruce and Rhodes could be seen checking on Tony. Rocket sat beside Nebula and patted her hand gently. She turned over her hand and held his. They tried to comfort each other.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodes said as a screen of all of the people who were placed as missing were being shown. "World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working... are trying to take census and it looks like he did..." she paused and when you saw your boyfriend's face appeared on the screen, you looked down. Tony did as well when he saw your face afterwards. "He did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanks wiped out... 50% of all living creatures." Natasha finished. "Where is He now? Where?" Tony asked and you looked up. "We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through." Steve admitted to Tony and Loki looked over at you. "We need to finish getting you treatment." He said and you didn't say anything for a minute but then nodded.

"What's wrong with him?" Tony asked when he saw the way Thor was sitting. "Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed." Rocket told Tony. You gestured towards Thor and Loki nodded and the two of you made you way over. "Which, of course he did but there's a lot of hat going around, ain't there?" Rocket could be heard adding on in the background. Knocking on the glass door Thor was in, he looked up and spotted both you and Loki. He also took in how you looked. Standing up, he walked over, opened the door and gave you a hug. "I feared you did not make it." He said softly before pulling away. He looked up at his brother and placed a hand on his shoulder, "glad you both did."

Loki told Thor he was going to help you get treatment and Pietro was waiting in the room for you. Nodding, Loki left with you as Thor sat back down. "Honestly, until this exact second I thought you were a Build-A-Bear." Tony told Rocket and Rocket replied by saying "Maybe I am." That's when Steve butted in. "We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep space scans... and satellites, and we got nothing. Tony, you fought him." That's when Tony looked at him. "Who told you that? I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street magician gave away the store. That's what happened." Steve nodded as Tony continued. "There was no fight, 'cause he's not beatable." Steve looked at him and asked "Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?"