Chapter 6 ྿ Perfectly Balanced

Screaming and destruction could be heard in the background as a woman assured her child saying "We'll be safe. We'll be safe." More screaming is heard as weapons are being fired. An explosion is heard which causes the child to scream and the mother to say "Shh!" But it's too late as an Alien creature finds them.

Everyone outside is seen running, some getting hit by blasts as others are lying dead on the ground. Large creatures as seen in the first Avengers movie are seen roaming around attacking everyone. Ebony Maw speaks over the loudspeaker. "Zehobereians."

"Mother! Where's my mother?" The young child yells as she's getting dragged by an alien creature.

"Choose a side or die."

"Mother!"

"One side is a revelation... the other an honor known only to a few."

Thanos is now revealed walking up towards the child as he says "what's wrong, little one?"

"My mother. Where is my mother?" She asks him and he bends down to view her closer.

"What's your name?"

"Gamora."

"You're quite the Fighter, Gamora. Come." He tells her as he lends out his hand. "Let me help you."

With hesitation, he puts her small tiny like hand in his giant one; following him as he walked towards the structure. He bends down on one knee again as he pulls out a double sided blade. "Look. Pretty isn't it? Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. Too much to one side or the other..." the blade falls and he catches it before handing it over. "Here. You try."

Young Gamora takes the blade into her hands as Ebony Maw speaks to everyone else in the background.

"Now, go in peace to meet your maker." Just as he finished, screams we're heard as Thanos' soldiers killed them.

"Uh-Uh." Thanos tells young Gamora as he moves her head back from trying to look at the scene behind her. "Concentrate." He adds as the screams continue and she successfully balances the blade on her finger. "There. You've got it." He mentions when he sees it.

The scene cuts and now shows the older Gamora on the ship as she is shown holding the same blade.

"Gamora." Quill calls. "Do you know if these grenades are the blow-off-your-hunk kind or the gas kind? Because I was thinking about having couple on my belt right here. But I don't want to if they're the..."

"I need to ask a favor."

"Yeah, sure."

Gamora takes a breath before saying "one way or another, the path that we're on leads to Thanos."

"Which is what the grenades are for."

"Uh, I'm sorry. What's the— what's the favor?"

"If things go wrong... if Thanos gets me..." she begins to tell him as she then looks over to him "I want you to promise me... you'll kill me." Tears threatened to fall.

"What?"

"I know something he doesn't." She admits and turns away as she takes a few steps towards the other side. "And if he finds out, the entire universe could be at risk."

"What do you know?"

"If I tell you, you'd know, too."

"If it's so important... shouldn't I?"

"Only If you wanna die."

"Why does somebody always have to die in this scenario?"

Gamora takes a step closer to Quill. "Just... Trust me. And possibly kill me."