Chapter 4 ྿ Get it off

The scene reveals the outside of the ship as Peter is hanging on by a web. Due to the speed of the ship, you lose your grip and start falling towards Earth. You scream and that's when Peter catches you with another web once he spots you falling. "I got you!" He said.

"Peter?" You said once you noticed him. A part of you was relieved that he was there to catch you when he did. Pulling you up to him, he wrapped his arm around your waist as soon as you were close enough. "Boy am I glad to see you." You mentioned. Then grabbed the ship.

Peter glanced down at Earth and noticed how far he was. "Oh, my god!" He said as he made it up then helped you up with him as the doors started to close. "I shoulda stayed on the bus." He mentioned. "You think?" You added as you tried to catch your breath. Inside the ship, Ebony pushed on the controls and made the ship's speed accelerate.

A quick scene is shown down on Earth to show a phone on the ground in the middle of destruction. Bruce goes over and picks it up as he then glances over at the portal which was just opened near him. Wong stepped through it.

"Where you going?"

"The Time Stone's been taken. The Sanctum remains unguarded. What will you do?"

"I'm gonna make a call." Bruce told him and Wong nodded his head before closing the portal back up. That's when he flipped open the phone and made the call.

Rubberband Man by the Spinners starts to play

S P A C E

The view of space is shown as a planet is seen then a ship appears in the scene followed by some music.

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo ~
Got his feet to movin' ~
And that Rubberband off the ground! ~

Starlord is now seen with his fist in the air as the ship travels quickly and he's both lip singing while moving.

He lifted it way up high, ha! ~
In the sky, y'all! ~
And then he ~
Doo doo doo doo doo ~
Oh get with it, y'all! ~
Hey y'all prepare yourself for the rubberband man ~

"Sing it, Drax!" Quill yells and Drax is shown sleeping.

You've never heard a sound like the rubberband man ~

The camera now pans over to Gamora singing along.

You're bound to lose control ~
When the rubberband starts to jam ~

Rocket looking bored starts to yawn in his seat as he asks Quill "why are we doing this again?"

"It's a distress signal, Rocket. Someone could be dying." Gamora informed him.

"I get that, but why are we doing it?"

" 'Cause we're nice. And maybe whoever it is will give us a little cheddar cheese for our effort."

"Which isn't the point." Gamora added.

"Which isn't the point. I mean, if he doesn't pony up..."

"We take his ship" Drax finally answered.

"Exactly!" Rocket said.

"B-b-b-up... bingo!" Quill said.

"All right!"