Chapter 30 ྿ America's Ass

While Nebula was fighting off an Alien, she yelled in frustration; knocking them down before hearing a beeping noise of a nearby bomb. Seeing it last minute, she flew backwards from the blast and grunted softly. Sitting up quickly, she was faced with the same alien she had taken down. It was about to strike her when a yell could be heard; along with a piercing noise as it was then thrown into a fire nearby. That's when Gamora was revealed to be the one who did it.

Gamora sighed from the fight as Nebula grunted in frustration from losing again. "You're welcome." Gamora told her as she took a closer look at the site. "I didn't ask for your help." Nebula replied. Gamora took a few steps in front of her sister before lending a hand. "And yet, you always need it." She told her and Nebula sighed as Gamora chuckled. Nebula smacked her hand away from her.

"Get up. Father wants us back on the ship." Gamora told her and Nebula asked why. "He's found an infinity stone." Gamora stated and that's when Nebula's face snapped up to look at her. As if saying 'you can't be serious'.

A shot of one of the floating 'disks' (or donuts), could be shown near a planet's orbit. "Where?" Nebula asked. "On a planet called Morag." Gamora said. Looking at a hologram of some sort that showed a planet, Nebula stood in front of it as she said "Father's plan is finally in motion." Gamora walked towards her sister as she said "One stone isn't six, Nebula." Her hands were resting on her hips. "It's a start." Nebula started to say before adding "if he gets all of them...."

They were quiet for a moment, thinking about it till a thud followed by a portal like opening could be heard behind them. Thanos walked out as he started to speak. "Ronan's located the Power Stone. I'm dispatching you to his ship." That's when Gamora added in. "He won't like that." Nebula wasn't as close to Thanos as Gamora was. She was still near the hologram as her sister stood not too far away from the Titan.

"His alternative is death." He said as he took something off of his blade. "Ronan's obsession.... clouds his judgement." He added as he continued to walk. That's when Nebula walked forward till she got in front of her sister, taking a knee as she said "We will not fail you, Father." Gamora made a face. "No you won't..." He told her. "I swear... I will make you proud." She added. Just then her circuits near her eye started to electrocute her and she groaned in pain before falling back on her butt and sitting there. Gamora was by her side when it happened and a hologram appeared.

"....We just wait around for this Quill guy to show up... and then he leads us to the Power Stone, is that it?" Rhodes could be seen speaking to the future Nebula. "Let's take cover." The future Nebula could be heard telling the man before adding "We're not the only ones in 2014 looking for the stones." Thanos out of the hologram could be seen making a face. The past Nebula broke out of it and grunted in pain as she held the side of her head. "Who was that?" Gamora asked her.

"I don't know." Nebula breathed out. "My head is splitting. I don't know." She added and Gamora glanced around before getting up to face her father. "Her synaptic drive was probably damaged in battle." Gamora started to defend for her sister's unexpected occurrence. "Shh.." Thanos started to say as he got closer. Using his blade, he placed it gently under Nebula's chin as he lifted it so she could look at him. "Bring her to my ship." Was all he mentioned.

A shot of New York was then shown as Iron Man could be seen on a side of a building near his own, watching from far. "Better hustle, Cap." He told Steve. "Things look like they're just about wrapped up here." He added. "Got it. We're approaching the elevator now." Steve replied as you were walking beside him. Tony managed to enter the building undetected as he made his way around to an area where he could see everyone better. "If it's all the same to you...." Loki could be heard saying. "I'll have that drink now." He told the past Stark as the future Stark was watching.