Chapter 9 ྿ Nidavellir

The scene is now changed showing one of the 'flying doughnuts' heading towards Thanos's ship. Another view of his ship is shown before its cut to show Gamora sitting down inside. She turns as she hears footsteps approaching and stands up.

Thanos is shown walking towards her as he then stops in front of her; handing over a little cup like tin with a spoon in it. It is filled with what seemed to be yogurt. "I thought you might be hungry." He implied to her.

She looked at it for a moment before taking it from his hand. She then looked up at him before chucking it at his throne like chair. It shattered the cup he had given her. "I've always hated that chair." She mentioned.

"So I've been told." Thanos said as he started to walk towards it. "Even so, I'd hoped you'd sit in it one day."

"I hated this room. This ship." She said. "I hated my life." Gamora looked at Thanos before taking a few steps away from him.

"You told me that too." He said as he walked up the steps towards his Throne chair. "Every day." He said down on the step. "For almost 20 years." He added.

"I was a child when you took me."

"I saved you." He said and that's when she turned to face him.

"No." She said shaking her head. "No. We were happy on my home planet."

"Going to bed hungry... scrounging for scraps." He stated. "Your planet was on the brink of collapse. I'm the one who stopped that. Do you know what's happened since then? The children born have known nothing but full bellies and clear skies. It's a paradise."

"Because you murdered half the planet."

"A small price to pay for salvation."

"You're insane." Gamora exclaimed

"Little one, it's a simple calculus. This universe is finite, its resources finite. If life is left unchecked, life will cease to exist. It needs correction." He said

"You don't know that!" She yelled

He sighs and made a face as he looked back at her "I'm the only one who knows that. At least, I'm the only one with the will to act on it." He mentioned and she looked away. "For a time... you had that same will..." he started to make his way down and towards him. "As you fought by my side. Daughter."

"I'm not your daughter." She finally said looking up at him in front of her. "Everything I hate about myself you taught me."

"And, in doing so, made you the fiercest woman in the galaxy." She looked down slightly as he continued. "That's why I trusted you to find the soul stone." That perked her interest as she looked back up at him.

"I'm sorry I disappointed you."

Thanos sighs as she lies straight to him. "I am disappointed." He managed to tell her. "But not because you didn't find it. But because you did. And you lied." They both looked at each other.

The next thing that shows is a large door being pulled up as Thanos and Gamora looks to see what awaits on the other side. What Gamora saw didn't please her. A piece of machinery moved around as Gamora made her way through towards Nebula that was seen being held in the air with her machine parts pulled apart a bit. "Nebula." Gamora said towards her sister.

"Don't do this." She said at Thanos

"Some time ago, your sister snuck aboard the ship to kill me."

"Please don't do this."

"And very nearly succeeded. So I brought her here. To talk." He said as he walked forward. Using his gauntlet, he pulled Nebula's machinery parts; causing her to scream in pain.