Chapter 29 ྿ Stones

N E W Y O R K
2 0 1 2

Aliens could be heard screaming from the sides of the building as the five of you arrived. Everyone were in their uniforms, you included, after pressing a button to get rid of the time travel suit. (Your outfit above). Steve stepped forward two steps before speaking "All right, we all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." You all suddenly turned to the sound of Hulk yelling.

The Hulk from that time was destroying everything. Smashed the car on an alien then kept jumping on it afterwards before leaving. Steve looked at Bruce. "Maybe smash a few things along the way." He suggested. "I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce said before ripping the tank he hand on and casually destroying things just not as much ruckus. Ancient one could be seen trying to defend the building.

Bruce was able to jump on it and looked over to see if anyone was around. Attempting to open the door he heard the Ancient one speak. "I'd be careful going that way. We just had the floors waxed." She said and he looked over at her. "Yeah, I'm looking for Doctor Strange." He said. "You're about 5 years too early. Stephen Strange is currently preforming surgery about 20 blocks that way. What do you want from him?" She asked. He noticed her amulet. "That, actually." He said.

"Ah! I'm afraid not." She told him. "Sorry, but I wasn't asking." He said. "You don't want to do this." She replied. "Ah, you're right, I don't. But I need that stone and I don't have time to debate it." He said as he walked up to her. About to grab it, she used Astral Projection to pull his two selves apart. Hulk & Bruce. Looking at his regular human self, she spoke directly to him now. "Let's start over, shall we?"

A S G A R D
2 0 1 3

Loki was in his cell minding his own business as he threw a cup in the air then caught it in his hand without letting it drop and hitting his face, when Thor and Rocket snuck right pat his cell. An Asgardian Maiden could be heard saying "For you, Lady Jane." That's when Jane was heard. "Um, so you have anything with pants?" She asked. "Pants?" The Maiden asked. "Never mind. These will be fine. Thank you." Jane said as Thor told Rocket "Oh, there's Jane."

"All right. Here's the deal, Tubby. You're gonna charm her, I'm gonna poke her with this thing and extract the Reality Stone, and get gone lickety-split." Rocket states. "I'll be right back, okay?" Thor said. "The wine cellar is just down here. My father used to have his huge barrel of Aakonian ale. I'll see if the scullery has a couple of to-go cups." Thor added. "Hey. Hey! Aren't you drunk enough already?" Rocket called back as they hid when hearing a door opening. "If you could send Loki some soup." Frigga was heard saying as she walked with some women. "Who's the fancy broad?" Rocket asked.

"That's my mother." Thor said trying not to tear up. "She dies today." He adds. "Oh, that is today? Rocket asked as Thor breaths in and out saying he can't do it. "I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have come. It's a bad idea! No, no, no. I think I'm having a panic attack." Rocket tells him to come closer before smacking him in the face "You think you're the only one who lost people? What do you think we're doing here? I lost the only family I ever had. Quill, Groot, Drax, the chic with the antenna all gone. I get you miss your mom but she's gone. Really gone. And there are plenty of people who are only kind of gone and you can help them. So, is it too much to ask that you brush the crumbs out of your beard make schmoopy talk to pretty pants and when she's not looking sick out the infinity stone and help me get my family back?" Rocket finished off.

"Okay." Thor said sighing. "Are you crying?" Rocket asked. Sobbing, Thor shook his head "No." Before admitting a second later, "Yes. I feel like I'm losing it." Rocket couldn't believe it. "Get it together. You can do this. You can do this. All right." Thor took a breath saying yes I can as Rocket responded "good. All right, heartbreaker, she's alone. This is our shot." He looked behind him and noticed he was gone and that he, himself was alone. He tried calling out but no answer.

M O R A G
2 0 1 4

"All right, bring it down, Blue." Rhodes called out. "Right on that line. That's it. Down, down." He added as him and Nebula got situated. "Hey, can we hurry up?" Clint asked. "Guys, chop-chop. Come on. We're on the clock." Natasha added afterwards. "All That is really helpful." Rhodes said and Natasha smiled. "Take care, okay?" She told Rhodes as she gave him a hug. "Yeah. Get that stone and come back. No messing around." He replied to her. She went into the ship. "Hey." Clint said. "We got this." Rhodes said. "Let's get it done." Clint replied. "Yes, sir. Rhodes told him. "I'll see you back." Clint mentioned as he boarded also.

"You guys watch each other's six." He said before they took off. "Coordinates For Vormir are laid in. All they have to do is not fall out." Nebula mentioned. Taking off through space and heading towards another jump, Clint turned to Natasha. "We're a long way from Budapest." He said and she just shook her head as she smiled at him before looking outside.

At Morag, Rhodes looked around before asking Nebula, "Okay, So, Uh... we just wait around for this Quill guys to show up and then he leads us to the Power Stone, is that it?" She just kept looking at him before informing him that they should most likely take cover if they wanted to prevent anyone from seeing them. "We're not the only ones in 2014 looking for the stones." She mentioned. "Wait a minute. What are you talking about right now? Who else is looking for these stones." He questioned. "My father... my sister... and me." She finally admitted so he would know in case. "And you? Where are you right now?" He asked and a scene of Nebula fighting alien creatures were seen.