Chapter 22 ྿ You Wouldn't Recognize Me

S A N F R A N C I S C O

A U-Store-It self storage center showed as caged areas of people things locked up in containment were shown. A sign passed by reason Walker before another showed reading Lang. Meaning Scott Lang, Ant-Man. His van was in the storage along with a couple of his other things with it. Boxes filled with his things. A rat could be heard squeaking nearby before it was shown inside of the van. The rat, walked right over a machine while it was looking for food and managed to press a button. That button activated the machine that was in the van. As it was turned on, out sprang Scott Lang like a jack in the box. He fell right onto the boxes nearby.

Groaning, he opened up his helmet then patted the spark of electricity that was on his shoulder. "What the hell?" He says as he sits up and looks around at where he's at. The electricity throughout the suit started to crackle and he smacked the piece on his forearm before the sound of it powering down happened. "Hope?" He called out to see if she was there, but there was no response at all. There was a security officer on the duty and was just reading a book when he glanced up and spotted Scott on the cameras. Moving closer in his seat, his eyes widened when he saw the sign the guy held. The sign read in big letters "HELP!"

Next that was seen was Scott leaving the storage unit with a wagon with a majority of his things. Glancing behind him, he noticed the security guard looking at him in a type of way of 'how the hell did he get stuck in there'? Walking till me made it to a part of the city, he looked at how abandoned everything looked and noticed how many Missing flyers there were on the pole. A kid drove by on a bike and he tried getting his attention but it didn't seem as if the kid wanted to talk.

Finding a place filled with vertical stones with numerous names written on either side, the top read 'the vanished' and all that could be heard leaving Lang's mouth was "oh, my god." He stood there for a moment before scanning around to see if either of his family members' names were on the stone. "Oh, please" he begged. "Please, please." He added on. "No, no, no. No. No." He kept on as he moved by a couple telling them "Excuse me, I'm sorry." Continuing to scan through, he muttered "Oh, Cassie, no. No, no. No." Moving around the stone, he continued speaking to himself. "No, no. Please, please, please. No, Cassie." It wasn't till he didn't find her name but his on stone.

"What?" He muttered in confusion. Running towards his home that was a few blocks away, he had to make sure if his daughter was still there. Arriving, He ringed the doorbell a couple of times, knocked on the door before ringing the bell once again. Spotting a figure through the door, he waited for them to answer so he could see who it was. Opening the door quickly, she placed her hands on either side of her face relieved to see her father once again. "Cassie?" He questioned and she smiled through the tears. "Dad?" She said quietly. Embracing each other in a hug, he was shocked as he let her cry on his shoulder. Pulling away, he tried not to cry as he took a good look at her. "You're so big!" He said as they both chuckled and hugged each other again.

A restricted area sign could be shown latched onto the fence as the camera panned upwards and revealed the Avengers facility. Heading back up from training, you caught Natasha making a sandwich. "Didn't eat yet?" You asked and she looked up before giving a small smile and shaking her head. "Didn't get to." She added before you walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "We'll figure this out. Always do." You attempted to reassure her and she sighed as she kept fake smile before pulling you into a hug. "You need to go shower." She finally said which made you chuckle. "Okay. I'll go. Don't beat yourself up so much." Was all you told her as you pulled away and left with a wave.

The holograms of communication were on and Rocket spoke up after you left, "Yeah. We boarded that highly-suspect warship Danvers pinged." He said and Nebula who stood beside Rocket spoke "It was an infectious garbage scow." That's when Rocket added. "So, thanks for the hot tip." They both were talking to Carol as she looked at them and replied "Well, you were closer." Natasha moved around the table to take a seat as Rocket continued "Yeah. And now we smell like garbage." That's when Nat butted in by asking O'koye "You get a reading on those tremors?" O'koye answered her by replying " 'Twas a mild subduction under the African plate."