Chapter 17 ྿ Spare His Life

Pieces of the moon continued to fall as Peter swung with Mantis in his arm, before tying her up in an area that was safe enough. Meanwhile, you and Loki were taking shelter for a moment. "I got you. I got you." Peter said as he tied up Mantis then Drax before grabbing Quill. "I'm sorry I can't remember anybody's names." He added afterwards.

Thanos pushes over a piece of metal that was blocking his path as Strange landed on a large rock nearby

Thanos pushes over a piece of metal that was blocking his path as Strange landed on a large rock nearby. As soon as they spotted each other, the two went at it and immediately attacked one another without hesitation. No matter how much Thanos deflected or blocked the power Strange was giving, he couldn't help but wonder how Strange was so strong. Thanos threw Strange a black hole and Strange deflected it by making it into butterflies. The Titan grunted as the Dr then took his moment to clone himself many times and wrap many lassos around the madman. Thanos knew he wasn't going to beat him so he used to power of the gauntlet to break free. "You're full of tricks, Wizard." Thanos said as he held Strange by the throat. He yanked the amulet off of the Dr's body and Strange yelled no. "Yet you never once used your greatest weapon. Thanos crumpled the amulet into pieces before looking at him.

"A fake." He told Strange before throwing him over; resulting into Strange hitting his head on a hard surface. Thanos went to close his fist again but Tony didn't let it. He used one of his own technology to hold the gauntlet open. Landing in front of the Titan, he spoke "You throw another moon at me, and I'm gonna lose it." Tony said. "Stark" Thanos muttered. "You know me?" Tony questioned. "I do. You're not the only one cursed with knowledge." He told the human. "My only curse is you." Tony replied before firing missiles at the giant. "Come on!" Thanos yelled as he held up his hand with the gauntlet on it. The two started to fight.

"I need to help him." You said as Loki grabbed your arm. "You'll get killed." He said. "He needs my help. Are you going to keep on hiding or help with me?" You stated back and he hesitated at first but sighed before letting go. "Alright. But you owe me when this is all over." He finally told you and you smiled softly before nodding in response. Tony got the higher hand when he got to do a certain move. Thanos wipes off the blood that was on a small cut he had gotten. "All that for a drop of blood." He told Tony and that's when he knocked him off of himself.

They kept fighting till part of Tony's suit broke off. Tony went to go stab him but it backfired when Thanos ripped it off and stabbed Tony instead. "No!!" You yelled out and used your power to throw Thanos so far back, you didn't know where he landed. Loki ran over to Tony to see if he was okay. Thanos chuckled as he stood back up on his feet. Raising a feet pieces around you, you started to throw them at him and deflect the attacks he was throwing at you but you missed one and got hit hard on your side; making you fly far and crash land in a different area. "Y/n!" Both Tony and Loki yelled. "Go check on her. I'm fine." Tony told Loki.

Thanos then made his way over to Tony and said "you have my respect, Stark. When I'm done, half of humanity will still be alive. I hope they remember you." He then lifted his fist as Tony could be heard grunting in pain. "Stop." Strange started to say. "Spare his life... and I will give you the stone." He added before Thanos said "No tricks." Strange shook his head no as Thanos then aimed his fist at him. "Don't." Stark started to say. Stephen raised his hand as he then pulled out the Stone. Keeping his word, he handed the Stone over to Thanos. Taking the Stone, he placed it on its spot before grunting in pain from the surge of power.