Chapter 37 ྿ Avengers Assemble

Straining could be heard coming from Steve as he tried to get up. He was tired but didn't want to give up. He couldn't. "In all my years of conquest... violence... slaughter... it was never personal." Thanos started to say as Steve took a breather. He looked up at the Titan. "But I'll tell you now... what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet... I'm gonna enjoy it very very much." He added before his army appeared.

More and more creatures started to emerge from his ships as they ran towards where Thanos stood. Steve noticed and continued to try and get up but seeing you unconscious at the moment made him fight more. Strained grunts escaped from him as he got up. Thanks nodded lightly as he glanced down at his blade. Steve grunted as he unstrapped the shield from his arm.

Limping a few steps forward towards Thanos and his army, he breathed heavily. You started to stir. "Hey, Cap, you read me?" Sam's voice could be heard through on the speakers. Steve immediately stopped at the sound of his friend's voice. "Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?" Sam added. Steve started to hear something behind him as Sam told him "on your left." A portal of some sort started to appear before Steve.

( cue Portals By Alan Silvestri; the music)

As Steve turned around to see three people walk out. T'Challa, Shuri and O'koye. The relief on Steve's face told it all as a tear slipped from his eye. He was happy to see them. Watching Sam fly through the portal as others started to open, came to Steve's mind that the snap really did work. Looking up, you noticed all of the portals that were opening and you started to stand as a smile crossed your face. A tear also slipped from your eye as a breath of relief was heard from you.

Strange then entered with Mantis and Drax as Quill landed and Peter swung in. Your smile got bigger once you saw your boyfriend back. Not to mention everyone else who were returning to help join the fight. When Peter's eyes landed on yours, you could tell that he was happy to see you too; but he noticed how bruised up and beaten you were as well.

Steve couldn't help but show a small smile at everyone who were back. "Yibambe!" T'Challa chanted out as his army chanted it in return as they entered too. Bucky walked through with Groot to his side. Valkyrie entered with Korg and your sister. The sorcerers entered as well with Wong. Wasp entered. Thor got his axe back as he watched everyone return then smiled. Tony was surprised and looked as if he wanted to smile when Pepper landed like a badass right in front of him with her suit.

"Is that everyone?" Strange asked Wong who was now beside him. "What? You wanted more?" Wong questioned his friend. That's when Ant-Man emerged from the other part of the compound with Rocket, Rhodes and Hulk. Bibi, Pietro and Loki were able to get out safely as well. They had a few cuts but that didn't bother them.

The view panned down the amount of people and ships that were coming through the portals as they all started to shout in unison. Tony and Thor landed right behind Steve as he stared down Thanos. You landed right beside Peter as you got into position. "AVENGERS!" Steve called out to everyone who were there standing with him for the fight. Pietro stood near his sister, Bibi near Strange and Loki near Thor.

Once Steve got ahold of the Hammer again and looked back at Thanos, he breathed out. "Assemble." That's when everyone started to charge. Some flew towards the incoming army as everyone else who couldn't, ran. You, Bibi and Wanda were among the few that could fly. Eva made it just in time and joined as well. Flying along with you guys. Peter used his webs to make his way over.

Thanos and his army started to run towards their opponents as they got closer. Thor could be heard yelling beside Steve as they ran. As soon as the two collided, they went at it like if there were no tomorrow. You threw some magic here and there as Loki was nearby doing the same, including his daggers. Pietro was speeding through, knocking down some enemies. Bibi threw some, killed others as she was side by side with Eva.